• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Foods from the Microwave

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is anything I prefer to have microwaved over a different method of cooking.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oatmeal, sweet and baking potatoes. I think sweet potatoes are just as good as baked, the others less so but much easier and faster

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MIcrowave is awesome and quick for cooking vegetables like brocolli

Corn also cooks fast and tasty when microwaved in its husk.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin
Oatmeal, sweet and baking potatoes. I think sweet potatoes are just as good as baked, the others less so but much easier and faster

+1 on oatmeal

Also, I have a soft spot for microwaveable frozen burritos. Don't judge me.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by word
popcorn?
eh.gif

You must have never ate popcorn made by a StirCrazy. Just as quick as microwave .. and about 1,000,000x better.
stircrazy.jpg

Agnacious

Reaction score
I use it for asparagus and it comes out perfect for me. I am horribly inconsistent in other methods, so for me it comes out better, but that may be a personal failing rather than technology superiority.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leftovers like eggplant parmesan or lasagna are much better when reheated in a microwave the next day.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Somewhere I have a recipe for a decent version of microwave sezchuan dry-braised string beans. But not having owned a microwave in about 20 years, I haven't used it lately.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
You must have never ate popcorn made by a StirCrazy. Just as quick as microwave .. and about 1,000,000x better.

stircrazy.jpg

Im sure this is better, but the last thing I need another single purpose appliance around the already cramped kitchen

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19

2) Bacon (more specifically turkey bacon) I like mine crispy and eat it almost every morning. 2 minutes in the microwave and its perfect. Tastes great and again, takes about 1/10 of the cooking and clean up time as normal.

Christ on a bike. It's bad enough that you eat turkey bacon, then you mock everything real bacon stands for by making it crisp, and then you become the worst of offenders by microwaving it. What the **** is wrong with you?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. i dont have time to cook bacon every day. If you do, more power to you but the microwave works, and is better.
2. regualr bacon is not the best thing to have every day. Turkey bacon is a solid substitute.
3. You cant say a preference of taste is wrong just cause YOU dont like it.
4. Quit being a douche and derailing this thread. Contrbiute something instead of critcizing my preference, phaggot.

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
1. i dont have time to cook bacon every day. If you do, more power to you but the microwave works, and is better.
2. regualr bacon is not the best thing to have every day. Turkey bacon is a solid substitute.
3. You cant say a preference of taste is wrong just cause YOU dont like it.
4. Quit being a douche and derailing this thread. Contrbiute something instead of critcizing my preference, phaggot.

Dude, you're like the Robert of bacon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads