• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice but not folded.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Nice but not folded.

Rule of thread amended: shirts may be folded or hanging, just not worn.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Rule of thread amended: shirts may be folded or hanging, just not worn.

Flip-flopper!

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drljava--

I actually liked that blue shirt so much, i bought an exact duplicate. I think it is a sky blue color broadcloth, if i remember correctly. Can't wait to wear it with the navy blue, french blue pinstriped suit this fall:

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Let's keep it going, people:

dscn2656zb5.jpg

Love the pattern Manton.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
l-r striped buttondown w/french cuffs
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
in Riva stripe, buttondown in vintage Riva linen, fc DJA checks, fc Riva plaid
shirts002largebj5.jpg

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Foxx - the Brioni MTM just fits you so well. Where were you measured? Do you have any hard-to-fit features, like one lower shoulder?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow.gif
Breast pocket with a buttoned flap! How do you fit a pocket protector in there now?

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The three button down is strong in the trad. It is not so strong in the Italy and took a bit of convincing to get it made.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zjpj83--

hey, thanks. I had a great time purchasing that suit, Pierre Lenis at Bergdorf (one of the personal shoppers) did a stupendous job making it a special experience for me. The head tailor at Bergdorf came in for the measurements, etc., and he also does bespoke suits. I remember he did have one shoulder dropped, made the front and back of the suit slightly different lengths, and made some adjustments in measurements to the chest as i recall-- then, the order was put in for the suit and I just had to wait! After finishing with the suit measurements and options, Pierre showed me some of the other Brioni pieces the store had made for their customers (yet discreetly did not reveal the customers' names). I was surprised at what Brioni can do with flannels, tweeds, and various plaids (to include some very "british countryside" cloths). Very cool.

I only hope I didn't f*ck up the suit by having the left sleeve lengthened by a quarter inch, then functional buttons added. You can't tell with this white shirt on, but my other shirts have slightly longer sleeves and the left showed too much of the shirt cuffs. We'll see when I get back in August and try out the final, FINAL product!

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That suit is awesome Foxx, nice job.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Is the third button on the back of the collar or on the pocket?
Mine is the pocket button. I have heard it the other way as well. I don't think that any of these buttons are as worth noting as the french cuff buttondown that has not even scored one mention.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I don't think that any of these buttons are as worth noting as the french cuff buttondown that has not even scored one mention.

I'm also surprised.

After the GQ shirts thread and another brewing super fine wool "debate" I think people may just be too tired to fight anymore...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics