• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fix a haircut?

jdmd11

Reaction score
Hmm this sounds dumb but I got a haircut today and told the lady I wanted it "messy". They cut it a certain way and it makes it easier to pull off that look when I put gel or whatever in it. But she didn't cut it that way and it's all straight. Is there any way to fix it besides waiting like a month and getting it cut again, hoping that they do it right that time?
thanks.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did she really understand what you wanted? If she did, find a new stylist.

jdmd11

Reaction score
well it was at Fantastic Sam's rather than a stylist lol. They've given me what I wanted all the other times. So she probably didn't know what I wanted.
What's a good way to explain to them the kind of haircut I'm going for?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jdmd11
well it was at Fantastic Sam's rather than a stylist lol. They've given me what I wanted all the other times. So she probably didn't know what I wanted.
What's a good way to explain to them the kind of haircut I'm going for?

Bring a picture. And your odds are better of getting what you want if you go to a stylist who knows what they're doing and has experience with that kind of cut, which very may well be not "Fantastic Sam's".

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
You could try to cut it a little bit... nothing crazy don't go sissor happy, but make it look more messy without going overboard...
I cut my own bang and what I do is take small chunks at a time and and a small pair of sissors holding the blades straight up so it only cute little angles at a timethinning out the end of the hair so you have more tips instead of and edge straight arcoss.

You could alsways go back and tell them that you aren't happy with the cut, they should fix it for free.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads