• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

First Trip to London - $300-~$1,000 Sartorial Souvenir?

NickTW

Reaction score
As the title says - if you were visiting London for the first time and wanted to drop $300-$1000 on some sartorial goodness to remember the trip, what would you choose? Can be one item or multiple - clothes/accessories/shoes/ties all acceptable!

Interested to see some of your choices.

Last edited:

Ivon

Reaction score
I'll bite, since just about everything is exported or available online, something hard to get or offbeat. Some ideas.

Go thrifting, you might uncover a wear le Saville Row suit.
Fragrances, some old school ones like Penhaligon's or George Trumper are hard to find. Trumper also makes some really cool shaving items.
Artisnal crafts, hand knit Fair Isle sweaters and Tea sets.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Easy. Covert coat. Very versatile, very sharp and only really available in the UK.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NickTW

Reaction score
Really like the responses so far! I'm currently living in NYC, so as you said, a lot of things are available here one way or another already. The umbrella/covert coat (this was totally new to me and looks amazing)/ fair isle sweaters are exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for.

This forum is such a great source of knowledge, thank you.

jsqfunk

Reaction score
go to a bespoke shoe place like lobb or cleverly and buy a wallet or something - most of that stuff is made in house so you get something nice, see a real live bespoke shoe store and chit-chat with the proprietors

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Visit Cordings. The address is 19 Picadilly ... not at all far from Savile Row and Jermyn Street.

Yes, it can now be purchased on the Internet, but nothing beats buying in the store.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads