• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fine cutlery, EDC, and pocket jewelry": Here we post reviews, recommendations, tips about and appreciation of.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winterblade Co Factors drop here at 7 CST
-BGlLD4CwYAbj40JpQKODQStqKoW9_U-Bd7QtpUQUFgMS1fyzh8r0KSWG7yOAtxBmu4PCblGlxpdwbMw_dRA3Z_EaFm-L5giHjfLVl_UGan8kzbqLJ6Eud_RYpjVo5yESBkaqeStoZ1fxQQ8WndTwHdaAaOVAtk=s0-d-e1-ft
I have the bottom one, and keep it locked, because it is serioulsy addictive. I got it, and could not put it down for an hour, just flipping, cutting some paper, closing. Using the button, closing, reverse flicking, and so on. It felt not 100% healthy.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
struck out on the cf one with satin blade. goddang i hate life sometimes
Ah bummer - they went fast. I only have the one, but if I see another, and I have all sorts of retailers, I'll pick it up - CF show side AND clip side? Mine is Ti show side and black carbon fiber clip side.

Incidentally, they come with another pivot and also extra magnets.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CF show and clip preferred but I'll take half side cf.

Had one in my cart then sold out when i was checking out. jumped to the next one and that sold out too. I should've just grabbed whatever

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CF show and clip preferred but I'll take half side cf.

Had one in my cart then sold out when i was checking out. jumped to the next one and that sold out too. I should've just grabbed whatever
fwiw, the knife is not superthick. I would feel both sides Carbon fiber to be too lightweight, but I like more substantial feeling knives.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am used to striders and hinderers so I like the heft 💪
👀
I like Hinderer, but striders not so much. Anyway, if I see a Factor, I’ll pick it up for you,

Today, Benchmade Anthem in pocket for Jiujitsu practice.

2CA46D86-A7B3-4924-9E71-3FC58A2B3972.jpeg

konstantis

Reaction score
May i ask members preference for the steel of a folding EDC knife ? 14C28N , Niolox , Rwl34 or suminagashi ? Thanks

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May i ask members preference for the steel of a folding EDC knife ? 14C28N , Niolox , Rwl34 or suminagashi ? Thanks
A lot of custom makers use RWL34, and it is easy to touch up, ime.

I think that for a small knife though, I prefer either magnacut or S45VN, which both seem to take a good working edge the lasts a long time, and are not that hard to sharpen.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt