• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding Bigfoot

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well if the cops say it must be true. Not like cops ever lie or get drunk or high on the job.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have to question whether there even are any posters who believe in Bigfoot anymore. Even idnfl appears to have lost his faith. At least he has been very quiescent of late.

I have remarked before that otherwise very bright, capable people can believe all kinds of strange things. I would put many (but by no means all) religious beliefs in this category.

My desire to believe it's real has been dented recently, I agree.

A new video was posted which has HD images, if this is faked, its well done. The blink is in slow motion, so if it appears mechanical, that's the explanation given:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back, idnfl! I was a little worried about you. Well, I'll have to say that's even better BF imagery than "Patty." Either it's real BF or a man in make-up and costuming. The absence of any discernible facial prognathism, in contrast to most BF imagery and all real apes, strongly suggests the latter alternative to me.

As to the "baby chupacabra," I am almost certain he's just a poor little dog--a chihuahua maybe--that has lost his hair to mange. The eyes don't look right for a coyote or fox.

P.S.
Looking into these matters further, I learned that Todd Standing, the chap who took the BF video, is held in very low regard within the BF community.

As to the chupacabra, I gather that wildlife biologists think it's a raccoon. Looking more closely at the critter's paws, I think they're right.

The "Bizarro" cartoon for today was amusing: It showed a BF in the ticket line at an airport, and the clerk at the counter was saying, "Don't you have a better ID photo?" I didn't realize blobsquatches were that notorious.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As this thread had some snake info, I thought some of you might find this interesting.

0.jpg

lefty

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Potent stuff, snake venom--a real witches' brew of nasty toxins. An unpleasant fact is that rattlesnake venom in the USA has become a good deal more toxic in recent decades. There are several theories about this--transmittal from the extremely toxic Mojave rattlesnake through hybridization, or that the snakes are in an "arms race" with prey species of rodents that are developing more immunity or resistance to venom.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing new to post?

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^It would seem that idfnl has given up fighting the good fight for the Big Guy. He was the heart and soul of this thread, really. I was just mere skeptic and naysayer. It saddens me to see this thread become moribund. It has been one of my three favorite threads in the decade I've been on SF. The others were the one about animals fighting and the one I started about ghosts.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that Discovery Channel on their "Destination America" subdivision (or whatever it may be) is planning to run a show on "Killing Bigfoot." The hunters are a group of rustic looking Southern white males styling themselves the Gulf Coast Bigfoot Research Association. Their plan is to bag one for science. They say only an adult male BF carcass will prove the existence of the critters. (I don't know why a juvenile female wouldn't establish their existence just as conclusively, but that's what they said.) The promotional photo shows them clad in ghillie suits. Let us hope they don't shoot each other by mistake! Anyway it is scheduled to air this Friday (October 17).

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if that's the guy who approached me to do a Bigfoot hunting show.

lefty

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great to see this thread revived. Isn't this supposed to be an "enhanced" version of the PGF to prove that "Patty" is walking like a normal man?

On another note, since Dr. Brian Sykes of Oxford was often mentioned in this thread, I was surprised to discover that he was the author of a book I had acquired and read some year back entitled Seven Daughters of Eve. It was about seven women in prehistory who left their genetic imprint on many contemporary humans, with imaginative accounts of what their lives might have been like.

Well, in a few weeks it will have been 57 years since Jerry Crew discovered the famous tracks by his bulldozer. It is really quite amazing what a tenacious, durable modern myth that prank created.

Oh, I just saw that a woman in South Carolina had taken a pretty good photo of a "lizard man." If that thing is not a costume hoax, this world is a far more complex (and scary) place than I ever imagined.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As this thread had some snake info, I thought some of you might find this interesting. lefty
Can't taking a bunch of aspirin thin the blood out again?

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So anybody find one?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads