• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari 430 vs Lambo Gallardo

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
While the majority of the world focus's on Porsche's and Ferrari's racing heritage (rightfully so), Audi has been silently taking the racing world by storm...especially in Lemans.

I agree. I'm not a big fan of their normal line, but the R8 is something really special, and I like people who would make a diesel supercar. They also have a racing legacy with their recent record of Le Mans wins as well as their older Auto Union cars, unlike Lambo which has none.

I remember reading the three-way tests, but I'm still lost as to how it's that capable....it's not just a little heavier, it's 400-600 lbs. more than it's competitors.

Regardless, the car is a technological marvel

I'm not sure either. One theory is that the engine is making far more horsepower than its spec, but the Z06 makes more power and is significantly lighter.

The two sections at Buttonwillow I mentioned are very fast, full-throttle kind of places where you're on the gas well before almost every apex, so being able to deliver power to the ground while the car is rotating and its weight distribution is shifting around is important. A good AWD system can really help.

--Andre

wt888

Reaction score
That was kind of my take on the cars as well.

Not to knock AWD, but I still believe RWD is best for exotics/super exotics.

I agree completely. a Supercar must be RWD.

GTR

Reaction score
nurpm2.jpg

wt888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
This would make the R8 the most exciting supercar since the F1 if only because it's such a radical change in engine concept from any other supercar, except I guess for the Tesla, except that car isn't practical.

--Andre

Not everyone is in love with the F1. Here is a great clip which compares most of the modern supercars (from Top Gear in the UK):

http://www.carandgarage.com/watch.php?v_id=958

Mblova

Reaction score
The guy around the corner from my parents owned a Red F355 with yellowish-tan interior, I've always marveled at the design of that car...consequently he used it as a daily driver, up until the day he traded it in for a Maserati GT coupe (something I'd never do).

My friends dad had a F1 355 sypder. A marvel of a machine.

wt888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
My friends dad had a F1 355 sypder. A marvel of a machine.

Great to drive but hard on the wallet. The mainfolds tend to crack and need replacement and normally take the Cats out with them.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wt888
Great to drive but hard on the wallet. The mainfolds tend to crack and need replacement and normally take the Cats out with them.
Definately agree, the Ferrari's of the past were never none to be the most reliable...but in terms of looks, I much prefer the sexiness of the F355, in comparison to the modena or 430 models.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a 355 with 30-something kmiles on it on eBay a while ago. The guy just had its major service done, and I think the bill (which was scanned and posted in his listing) came to over $30K.

The 360's my favorite recent Ferrari.

--Andre

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
There was a 355 with 30-something kmiles on it on eBay a while ago. The guy just had its major service done, and I think the bill (which was scanned and posted in his listing) came to over $30K.

The 360's my favorite recent Ferrari.

--Andre

Wow...that's more than understandable for an Enzo, but a F355.

Mblova

Reaction score
The 355 have been known to be a bit maintainence heavy. Still if you have the money, a very classy car.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, the major attraction about Ferrari is the styling, and their flatplane-crank V8s. Flatplane cranks are a racing concept rarely seen on streetgoing cars because of vibration, but produce a very unique sound.

--Andre

wt888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
The 355 have been known to be a bit maintainence heavy. Still if you have the money, a very classy car.

Yes but the 360 makes for a much better daily driver. Easier on the wallet and more robustly built.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wt888
Yes but the 360 makes for a much better daily driver. Easier on the wallet and more robustly built.
True,

but IMO...it just doesn't compare in terms of sexiness.

Mblova

Reaction score
+1 and I find 360's to be much more popular. The 355 is a more of a rarity esp currently. But hey, its all about what you like.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads