Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ferrari 430 vs Lambo Gallardo

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by wt888, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Mblova

Mblova Senior member

f355. a beauty.

2. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

f355. a beauty.
    The guy around the corner from my parents owned a Red F355 with yellowish-tan interior, I've always marveled at the design of that car...consequently he used it as a daily driver, up until the day he traded it in for a Maserati GT coupe (something I'd never do).

3. greg_atlanta

greg_atlanta Senior member

4. Serg

Serg Senior member

That was kind of my take on the cars as well.

Not to knock AWD, but I still believe RWD is best for exotics/super exotics.

Nissan GTR is proving that AWD is the choice for max performence.... The special edition evo version was apparently tested faster than a carrea GT in the ring. If that is true then it is just plain amazing.

5. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Nissan GTR is proving that AWD is the choice for max performence.... The special edition evo version was apparently tested faster than a carrea GT in the ring. If that is true then it is just plain amazing.

Source?

6. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Source?

Road & Track magazine I believe.

7. Southern-Nupe

I wouldn't necessarily say the choice for max performance, but I do agree the GTR has definately proven that AWD systems can compete against RWD supercars.

However, if I was looking (or could afford) an AWD exotic, I would likely choose a 911 TT, or Audi R8 (especially with the rumored v12 diesel).

As for Ferrari vs Lambo....it depends on what you're seeking;

If you want the better performer, you would likely choose the Ferrari.

If you're seeking more presence and flash, then the G-car is likely the best bet.

8. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

Road & Track magazine I believe.

Best I could find from a search, an article on the upcoming '09 GT-R:

In fact, GT-R project chief, Kazutoshi Mizuno, says that the GT-R lapped the famed North Course at the Nürburgring faster than the Porsche 911 Turbo.

And from another article, unknown source but posted on Worldcarfans.com:

9. Southern-Nupe

Source?
    I know,

Some are skeptical about the reported ring times. I've heard everything from the test mule running extra boost, to how the car was already accelerating prior to entering the track....

However, I read these discredited claims on 6speedonline.com......which the majority tends to be owners of Porsches, so there is a little bias.

10. Southern-Nupe

Best I could find from a search, an article on the upcoming '09 GT-R:

And from another article, unknown source but posted on Worldcarfans.com:

You're not going to get true results, until all the mags get a chance to run it through it's paces and place up against it's competitors.

11. Brian278

Brian278 Senior member

You're not going to get true results, until all the mags get a chance to run it through it's paces and place up against it's competitors.
    Highly impressive for a $70,000 car nonetheless, assuming they were running something nearly identical to the production version. But if I'm spending that kind of money or more, I'm getting RWD, and it's probably going to be mid-engined as well. There is no more ideal configuration for a sports car, IMO.

12. A Y

A Y Senior member

Never mind the Ring, the GT-R at Buttonwillow, a very technical track, totally dominates the Z06 and 997 Turbo:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6594

The most remarkable thing is that the GT-R was carrying 5 MPH more through the esses and the bus stop, which are two very technical, handling-oriented portions of the track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

(The bus stop is right in between Cotton Corners and Riverside.)

That is downright amazing given how much the GT-R weighs in comparison to the other two cars. Its lap time on street tires is comparable to BMW CCA race times on the same config, and they're running race tires. It would beat all stock cars, almost every prepared car, and keep up with the modified cars. That is seriously fast.

--Andre

13. A Y

A Y Senior member

Audi R8 (especially with the rumored v12 diesel).

This would make the R8 the most exciting supercar since the F1 if only because it's such a radical change in engine concept from any other supercar, except I guess for the Tesla, except that car isn't practical.

--Andre

14. Southern-Nupe

This would make the R8 the most exciting supercar since the F1 if only because it's such a radical change in engine concept from any other supercar, except I guess for the Tesla, except that car isn't practical.

--Andre

And have you seen the reported torque output numbers? 738 lb ft. that's rather ungodly. I'm not so much excited about the car, as I am about the difference in variation, from that of a typial supercar. While the majority of the world focus's on Porsche's and Ferrari's racing heritage (rightfully so), Audi has been silently taking the racing world by storm...especially in Lemans.

15. Southern-Nupe

Never mind the Ring, the GT-R at Buttonwillow, a very technical track, totally dominates the Z06 and 997 Turbo:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6594

The most remarkable thing is that the GT-R was carrying 5 MPH more through the esses and the bus stop, which are two very technical, handling-oriented portions of the track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

(The bus stop is right in between Cotton Corners and Riverside.)

That is downright amazing given how much the GT-R weighs in comparison to the other two cars. Its lap time on street tires is comparable to BMW CCA race times on the same config, and they're running race tires. It would beat all stock cars, almost every prepared car, and keep up with the modified cars. That is seriously fast.

--Andre

I remember reading the three-way tests, but I'm still lost as to how it's that capable....it's not just a little heavier, it's 400-600 lbs. more than it's competitors.

Regardless, the car is a technological marvel