• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferragamo Cancun loafer - how to care for?

lmsadc69

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, and I am amazed by all the information on here. Thanks for providing such a great place...

I recently purchased Ferragamo Cancun (bit) loafers in Brown (see image); I am wondering how best to care for them - a particular polish?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmsadc69
Hello, this is my first post, and I am amazed by all the information on here. Thanks for providing such a great place...

I recently purchased Ferragamo Cancun (bit) loafers in Brown (see image); I am wondering how best to care for them - a particular polish?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't help with polish or care for them as I'm sure other SFers can, but let me just say, Great shoes!

lmsadc69

Reaction score
Hello folks, just hoping someone might have an answer. Anyone?
smile.gif

Many thanks.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Any brown polish works...you may even want to go with a light brown. Since the leather is probably nappa, you may want to go with a cream instead of a wax.

Ditto, they are generally a soft flexible shoe not requiring a high shine, but a nice sheen. Try a good cream.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Get Meltonian shoe cream, in the color closest to your pair.

muffintop

Reaction score
When cleaning/polishing bit loafers, do you need to do anything to the bit (like cover it up) to prevent it from getting cream/polish on it or will any cream, conditioner, etc that gets on the bit just come off w/ a rag?

newyorknoir

Reaction score
bump.. I just bought a pair of loafers (ferragamo.. and have a bit.. and are black.. I know you guys hate them already) and I'm wondering how to care for them.. I have a new jar of saphir reno and a leftover tin of saphir high gloss wax from a different pair of shoes.. should I just use the reno on them, would the wax be too much? and even if I could use the wax on them, would it just be too difficult and messy with the bit piece? They are "highly polished calfskin".. I did want a pair of loafers and I really only wear them once a week..

Joker Man

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
bump.. I just bought a pair of loafers (ferragamo.. and have a bit.. and are black.. I know you guys hate them already) and I'm wondering how to care for them.. I have a new jar of saphir reno and a leftover tin of saphir high gloss wax from a different pair of shoes.. should I just use the reno on them, would the wax be too much? and even if I could use the wax on them, would it just be too difficult and messy with the bit piece? They are "highly polished calfskin".. I did want a pair of loafers and I really only wear them once a week..

Use neutral or black creme. You don't need the reno the shoes are new and the less you do the better. And I wouldn't give a damn about what the kids and losers on here think of your shoes. These boys can't even afford them so they are not entitled to comment. Notice how these losers are always talking about discounts, used shoes and 2nds? That should tell you that this is a poor prole's forum and that you shouldn't even be wasting your time here.

newyorknoir

Reaction score
Use neutral or black creme. You don't need the reno the shoes are new and the less you do the better. And I wouldn't give a damn about what the kids and losers on here think of your shoes. These boys can't even afford them so they are not entitled to comment. Notice how these losers are always talking about discounts, used shoes and 2nds? That should tell you that this is a poor prole's forum and that you shouldn't even be wasting your time here.
Thanks, will get both the neutral and black and see which polish I like better!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads