• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Felted Trouser Bar Suit & Trouser Hangers

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gentlemen-

I am upgrading the trouser hanger order from a locking bar to a felted bar. There is general consensus (Kabbaz, Chris Despos, and many others) that the felted trouser bar is superior to the locking bar in that it doesn't cause a crease on the trousers when left hanging for a while. It is about 30% more expensive than the locking bar because it is more complex to manufacture, so I would need to charge a $0.30 to $0.50 premium per hanger--not much when one considers the rarity of a felted trouser hanger.

All suit hangers will be upgraded to the felted trouser bar.

Please let me know your interest. It is my goal to place the hanger Tuesday.

Also, don't forget we added shirt hangers to the hanger lineup. Same premium wood and finish. Check them out! Also, the entry 10x quantity price for the trouser and shirt hangers were reduced from $50 to $30 when purchased with another hanger style (i.e. in addition to a suit hanger).

Please offer your thoughts,

Kirby

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify then, there will be no locking bar on the trouser hangers, but rather one horizontal piece, connected to the metal hook, that has felt along its length so that the pants can be draped over it?

kirbya

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Just to clarify then, there will be no locking bar on the trouser hangers, but rather one horizontal piece, connected to the metal hook, that has felt along its length so that the pants can be draped over it?

That is correct. The felted bar will be fixed. The diameter is larger than the typical trouser bar on the locking variety, and it is covered in a black felt that "grips" the trousers. They drap over the bar, which prevents any creasing.

Kirby

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads