• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite one hit wonder

Gutman

Reaction score
Fade to Grey - Visage. an engimatic quality to this one, i remember it vividly, playing at the roller skating rink as a kid (showing my age)

I s'pose someone's mentioned Kids in America? What about Oh Mickey - Toni Basil! still a catchy tune. good call on Safety Dance

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
crowded house- dont dream its over

that was their only US#1, but Neil Finn (and with his brother Tim Finn) are huge in NZ and Australia. they've done so much else same or better than that song.

one of their side-kicks Phil Judd did Counting the Beat with a band called the Swingers - great tune and vid.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
O.P.P. - Naughty by Nature

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chico2007
"I'm too sexy"- Right Said Fred

Blast it in my car all the time.
Can't believe I just admitted that.

"don't talk just kiss" was a big hit in uk and in the dance charts

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eddievddr10
cardigans- lovefool
peter schilling- coming home (major tom)
the church-under the milky way tonight

worship.gif

"Take on Me" and "Don't Dream It's Over" are both easily in my top 10 of all time, so while they may not technically be one-hit wonders, I tend to think of them that way.

Originally Posted by HORNS
O.P.P. - Naughty by Nature

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. At the very least, they also had "Hip Hop Hooray" and "Feel Me Flow."

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Life Is A Rock - Reunion (1970's rap)

Dream Weaver - Gary Wright

Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks

Sky High - Jigsaw

Magic - Pilot

Don't Call Us, We'll Call You - Sugarloaf

Lonely Boy - Andrew Gold

The Things We Do For Love - 10cc

Low Rider - War

I'm Not In Love - 10cc

Fox On The Run - Sweet

Ballroom Blitz - Sweet

Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton

Big In Japan - Alphaville

Six Men In A Leaky Boat - Split Enz

Twist In My Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram

Ode To Boy - Yaz (Alison Moyet)

Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby

Whip It - Devo

I got carried away but I hope this brings back memories for the older bunch,
and that the younger of you enjoy these blasts from the past.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
We've had two Alphaville citations with two different songs. You two need to get that **** worked out.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
We've had two Alphaville citations with two different songs. You two need to get that **** worked out.

big in japan wasn't a hit really afaik. and he also posted two 10cc songs.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

Mungo Gerry - In the Summertime

Dave Warner - Suburban Boy

Hot Chocolate, 10cc and Sweet were not one hit wonders, neither was Tinita Tikaram though they may have had only one hit in a particular country.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
Hot Chocolate, 10cc and Sweet were not one hit wonders, neither was Tinita Tikaram though they may have had only one hit in a particular country.

I actually thought calling Tanita Tikaram a one hit wonder was being generous.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgummi612