• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favourite one hit wonder

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidamo
I have never thought of FNM as a one hit wonder band, but I suppose they actually are.

I know - I liked, I mean really liked From Out of Nowhere, and I thought Angel Dust was even better.

sidamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
I know - I liked, I mean really liked From Out of Nowhere, and I thought Angel Dust was even better.

Agreed. I remember buying Angel Dust on casette
biggrin.gif
at a pawn shop about 10 years ago. I played the hell out of it.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidamo
Agreed. I remember buying Angel Dust on casette
biggrin.gif
at a pawn shop about 10 years ago. I played the hell out of it.

You bought cassettes in 2001?

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie

I still listened to them, though didn't buy them anymore. So I could see a second hand purchase.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

their cover of 'easy (like sunday morning)' was also a hit

sidamo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie

Yes I did. I didn't go out of my way to purchase it on cassette, it was a pawn shop. Two dollars, why not.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carl Orf: Carmina Burana (Not really even a 1 hit wonder, as only the first (and last) movement is really a hit.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
^rap has rhyme. what you posted is spoken word
In that case
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by red dragon
Go West - King of Wishful Thinking

Disqualified. "We Close Our Eyes"

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Faith No More, "Epic"

Disqualified. "Falling to Pieces"

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, determining a true one-hit wonder is sometimes difficult. Americans may only be able to name one song by A-Ha, to choose an example, but they had a long and successful career in Europe-- even playing the world's largest outdoor concert ever at the time! Someone poasted this in a previous thread of this nature:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Sesame Seed

Reaction score

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big Country - In a big country

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by red dragon
Go West - King of Wishful Thinking

WARNING: This clip includes Richard Gere being alpha as fkcu

They had a few other hits - love Call Me...

Chico2007

Reaction score
"I'm too sexy"- Right Said Fred

Blast it in my car all the time.
Can't believe I just admitted that.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
martika-toy soldiers
naked eyes-always something there to remind me
chumbawamba- tubthumping
semisonic-closing time
quarterflash-harden my heart
robin sparkles lets go to the mall
devil.gif

rockwell- somebody watching me
aqua- barbie girl
duncan sheik- barely breathing
jennifer paige- crush
bodeans- closer to free (party of 5 theme)
rembrandts- il be there for you (friends)
cardigans- lovefool
peter schilling- coming home (major tom)
the church-under the milky way tonight
crazytown-butterfly
crowded house- dont dream its over
crush-jellyhead
donna lewis- ilove u always forever
cutting crew- died in your arms
debarge-rythym of the night

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads