• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Favorite hotels in Paris?

majorhancock

Reaction score
I've been to Paris dozens of times and am always eager to try new hotels (as much as I like ones I've stayed at before). I've recently stayed at the Daniel, the San Régis, the Faubourg Marquis, and the Lancaster (photo below). Any recommendations for my next trip?

Hotel-Lancaster-Paris.jpg

letsgofire

Reaction score
I had a nice stay at Renaissance Republique which is not in a a tourist neighborhood. Since you have been to Paris several times, you might like checking out a different area.
Highlight of the hotel is the excellent stay.

majorhancock

Reaction score
Plaza Athenee is the greatest place I've ever been.

Unfortunately, the Plaza Athénée and the Meurice in Paris are part of the Dorchester Collection, which is owned by the government of Brunei, where sharia law is practiced. I refuse to support brutal sharia Islamist regimes by staying at their hotels, no matter how brilliant. This includes the Dorchester in London, the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills and the Hotel Bel-Air in Bel-Air (Los Angeles, where I live) and several others. Evey night you spend in one of these places contributes to people having their arms amputated for stealing and other barbaric 7th century Muslim practices.

majorhancock

Reaction score
I had a nice stay at Renaissance Republique which is not in a a tourist neighborhood. Since you have been to Paris several times, you might like checking out a different area.
Highlight of the hotel is the excellent stay.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's quite a modern hotel. I prefer to stay at hotels in Hausmannian (or pre-Hausmannian) buildings in Paris. Thinking about trying the Monsieur George on my next visit:

Attachments

• Monsieur_George_facade.jpg
    Monsieur_George_facade.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 118

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

majorhancock

Reaction score
Pavillion de la Reine and the Saint James are both very nice with distinct personalities.
I've considered the St. James but it seems to be undergoing a (much needed IMHO) redecoration currently. I'll definitely consider it once the refurbishment is complete. Pavillon de la Reine looks awesome -- thanks!

majorhancock

Reaction score
Both Grand Powers and d'Aubusson are great, depending on which side of the Seine you want to stay on.

Grand Powers is on my short list, thanks. I love the 8th and the hotel looks wonderful. Hôtel d'Aubusson reminds me of a French provincial inn more than a Paris hotel, but it does have its charms. Thanks for the recommendations!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads