• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fave Polo Shirts?

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In looking around I think that Ralph Lauren has the best colors. Too bad I can't stand Ralph Lauren.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a fan of the shrunken/micro collar look, I like the Raf x polo's for this season.
RAFB-MS19_V1.jpg
rafbluepolo1_regular.jpg
- of course Oak with the ******* anorexic chick modeling a men's polo shirt
RAFB-MS20_V1.jpg
Hey Jet, have you played around with these at South Willard yet? What's your opinion? I've heard so-so things about Raf x quality blah blah blah. Opening Ceremony also has a nice one for this season though I think it's a little over-priced right now.
pop_7-oc-sspolomj16-aqua.jpg
pop_3-oc-sspolomj16-aqua.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Andrew haven't done my rounds for awhile since I'm in the npc indefinitely but if they're anything like previous raf polos the material is decent (better than anything you'll find in a mall) and they're made well for a polo but the cuts are super tiny on them. If you end up ordering make sure you get measurements and I'm fairly confident all pique will shrink a tad even if you wash cold and hang dry. I've got a 20 off revolve coupon if you want pm me (don't nobody else pm ******).

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^that's an excellent fit tonio

Originally Posted by chriskl
Yeah, that polo fits perfectly tonio. Can I ask your height/weight? TIA

Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
Nice fit.

Thanks, guys. I had never thought that as an adult, I'd be buying a ******* kids shirt in order to have it fit properly. Something is seriously wrong with clothes sizing in this country.

I'm 5'8" and about 150-ish lbs. for reference.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Original Penguin Heritage Fit, mostly for the fit, but their pique polos are insanely soft. I'm ambivalent on the logo.

I recently ordered some Fred Perry MIE and MIJ to figure out the fit -- if they work out, then I can recommend them as well.

Now for a recommendation out of left field: Nau. Their cotton polo shirts this season are incredibly comfortable, and super light. They seem like they'll be great for 90+ days. I hope to pick up a few closer to summer.

Adam24

Reaction score
For the shorter/slimmer guys in here: Man of Moods, sold by Atsui. The fit is simply fantastic, a short hem (hitting right at/under the belt - I'm 5'7 for reference), slim arm openings, high armholes, solid collar that looks neat. Bought a black MoM polo a few weeks ago on sale (I think something around 50$? IIRC) and I couldn't be any more happier with the quality/fit.

Mark_Y

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Adam24
For the shorter/slimmer guys in here: Man of Moods, sold by Atsui. The fit is simply fantastic, a short hem (hitting right at/under the belt - I'm 5'7 for reference), slim arm openings, high armholes, solid collar that looks neat. Bought a black MoM polo a few weeks ago on sale (I think something around 50$? IIRC) and I couldn't be any more happier with the quality/fit.

What size did you get? And where? I'm 5'7, 155 lbs and probably around 12% BF.

Adam24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark_Y
What size did you get? And where? I'm 5'7, 155 lbs and probably around 12% BF.

I'm 5'7, 140 lbs (35" chest) and I got a Size 1, which fits me perfectly.

I bought it off a sale they had a few weeks ago, but otherwise, you could check out their website. The variety is limited but every one needs a sharp looking black polo shirt, so it def. fills a need.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
In looking around I think that Ralph Lauren has the best colors. Too bad I can't stand Ralph Lauren.

I got a Polo Ralph Lauren polo from Bloomingdales a few days ago. No tail on the backside and the horse is on the bottom front left of the shirt. Super soft cotton, not pique material. Highly recommend.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have tried both Burberry and Polo... cant stand the "tail" on the RL polo shirts, like Burberry but want to try FP, anyone know which threads discuss the differences between where the Fred Perry polo is made and sizing, how to tell which are made where (without seeing the tag)

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I have tried both Burberry and Polo... cant stand the "tail" on the RL polo shirts, like Burberry but want to try FP, anyone know which threads discuss the differences between where the Fred Perry polo is made and sizing, how to tell which are made where (without seeing the tag)

FWIW, my Large Burberry London slim fit polos fit like a 40R Fred Perry made in England. I'm normally a medium in most clothing..

For the most part, it goes like this:

MiE: Good quality, slim fit
MiJ: Good quality, slim fit and shorter sleeves and collar (they might be slimmer in the body than MiE, I'm not sure)
MiC: Crap

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
FWIW, my Large Burberry London slim fit polos fit like a 40R Fred Perry made in England. I'm normally a medium in most clothing..

MiJ: Good quality, slim fit and shorter sleeves and collar (they might be slimmer in the body than MiE, I'm not sure)

The FP MiJ's are tapered also. MiE are boxy.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
The FP MiJ's are tapered also. MiE are boxy.

nice, it sounds like I want the FP MiJ's... I am 6'1" about 185lb. in the Burberry polo I actually wear a small

michaelp123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion

Is the MIE Fred Perry true to size? What's your jacket size?

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Help a newb here, I know MIE is made in England, what is MIJ...?

Thank you
fistbump.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads