1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Father's day gifts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Classic, Jun 20, 2004.

1. Classic

Classic Senior member

Ok, let's have some fun what with today being Father's day.
    What did you get from your kids? Me, a nice pair of Bostonians.
    What did you give your dad? Me, a pair of Kodiak work pants which are his favourite every day pant and a nice TH belt to go with them.

Classic

2. discostu004

discostu004 Senior member Affiliate Vendor

my wife got me a miniature horse (which is really for her) so for mother's day and her birthday i'm going to surprise her with some size 12 mantellassis and maybe a Kiton sportcoat.

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

I'm thinking of picking up Dad a cotton crewneck navy sweater from Borrelli. He loves that type of sweater, and I saw one at the Basement today. I'm just not sure of the size. The Borrelli size 60 is tagged XXL by Filenes. How would that compare to a Ralph Lauren XXL, which is what he usually buys.

4. Kai

Kai Senior member

My wife and family don't even try to buy me gifts. The things I want are usually so specific and esoteric that trying to surprise me with something I like is an exercise in futility.

My father's day gifts were:

Waffles for breakfast;
    6 Skittles and a big hug from my 3 year old boy;
    Two fresh roses from our garden and a hand made card from my 7 year old girl;
    My 10 and 12 year old boys giving me a coupon which could be redeemed by them washing and waxing my car for me;
    An early bedtime for the kids, followed by a long, romantic evening with my wife.

Fathers day gifts simply don't get much better than these.

Life is good.

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Those are very good gifts, indeed, Kai. You have an enviable life, I would say.

Did you put the skittles on top of the waffles? I hear that it quite appetizing.

6. quill

quill Senior member

I got a framed picture of my two toddler girls, who are growing up tooooooooo fast. Dad got a pima lisle polo; nothing fancy, but he likes simple.

7. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Kai:

A smart man is one who knows and appreciates what's important in life.

Happy fathers day.

JJF

PS: Couldn't get forgiveness for the straw hat purchase somewhere throughout the day?