• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread

ChiTownRobby

Reaction score
That Prada is made by Cantarelli and it's fairly recent although not their newest labels. Sure you pay a premium because the Prada name but you also get a more fashionable look imo and if it fits you then that's great. It certainly isn't garbage, don't listen to these nitwits. Looks like an interesting fabric too

Thanks for the info. I have already worn it a couple of times to the office and got lots of compliments. I really like the cut in the front when it's buttoned up as it accentuates my build. I also picked up a couple of other suits from Ebay that I received recently, but both are out being tailored at the moment. Ended auction links below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRADA-Blue...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELVEST-Re...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have already worn it a couple of times to the office and got lots of compliments. I really like the cut in the front when it's buttoned up as it accentuates my build. I also picked up a couple of other suits from Ebay that I received recently, but both are out being tailored at the moment. Ended auction links below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRADA-Blue-Striped-Wool-Center-Vent-Jacket-Pants-SUIT-Mens-EU-52-US-42-L/132237965530?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BELVEST-Recent-Solid-Light-Brown-Super-120s-Wool-2-Btn-Handmade-Suit-42R/162891862688?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
The top Prada you just linked is made by Belvest but I wouldn't sweat who makes what. Cantarelli makes an excellent product and you can find lots of threads on Styleforum discussing it. Glad you're happy with what you received and in the end, isn't that all that matters. :)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Prada is made by Cantarelli and it's fairly recent although not their newest labels. Sure you pay a premium because the Prada name but you also get a more fashionable look imo and if it fits you then that's great. It certainly isn't garbage, don't listen to these nitwits. Looks like an interesting fabric too

Was this nitwit comment directed at me? For what, pray tell.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was this nitwit comment directed at me? For what, pray tell.
My apologies for the nitwit comment as it is completely unnecessary but you're jumping on a bandwagon to bash Prada when you don't fully understand what you're talking about. Firstly you address the quality as poor when almost everyone on these boards would agree Cantarelli makes a superior product to entry level Brooks Brothers. Secondly, the suit is two button, with a decent gorge, partial lined and flat front pants. What part of that is out of style? The fabric is a little bold but certainly not distasteful.

And ultimately the gentleman only asked if the garment he bought was authentic, which it is so the rest of this discussion is irrelevant.

Reactions: lol

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My apologies for the nitwit comment as it is completely unnecessary but you're jumping on a bandwagon to bash Prada when you don't fully understand what you're talking about. Firstly you address the quality as poor when almost everyone on these boards would agree Cantarelli makes a superior product to entry level Brooks Brothers. Secondly, the suit is two button, with a decent gorge, partial lined and flat front pants. What part of that is out of style? The fabric is a little bold but certainly not distasteful.

And ultimately the gentleman only asked if the garment he bought was authentic, which it is so the rest of this discussion is irrelevant.

You apologize for the nitwit comment and then state "you don't fully understand what I you're talking about."

You really conflated the hell out of my post to arrive at your learned conclusion. I would elaborate but I don't see the point.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You apologize for the nitwit comment and then state "you don't fully understand what I you're talking about."

You really conflated the hell out of my post to arrive at your learned conclusion. I would elaborate but I don't see the point.
I was going to post quotes from your post that I take issue with but there are just way too many.

1) There is no way that Prada jacket is fused and worst case it is half canvassed
2) The styling on that Prada can hardly be classified as fashion forward
3) Brooks brothers entry level which is what their 346 line is not even close to the Prada in quality
4) I might take some flak for this one due to the crazy following on this board but I'd argue the Suit Supply is also not as good but certainly not "so much better" as you describe.

You're just flat out wrong

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to post quotes from your post that I take issue with but there are just way too many.

1) There is no way that Prada jacket is fused and worst case it is half canvassed
2) The styling on that Prada can hardly be classified as fashion forward
3) Brooks brothers entry level which is what their 346 line is not even close to the Prada in quality
4) I might take some flak for this one due to the crazy following on this board but I'd argue the Suit Supply is also not as good but certainly not "so much better" as you describe.

You're just flat out wrong

You really can't read can you. I spoke almost entirely in generalities you dumbass and offered an opinion. I never said most of the **** you think I said.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really can't read can you. I spoke almost entirely in generalities you dumbass and offered an opinion. I never said most of the **** you think I said.
lol you're a goof. This is a direct quote, how else am I to interpret it?

"Brooks Brothers entry level are much better quality for roughly the same price you paid for the used Prada."

You want to talk in generalities? You're still wrong. The fact is many of the designer brands use top class tailors.

Gucci and Versace? Can be made by Zegna
Burberry? Used to be HF and Belvest
Faconnable? I've seen all sorts but I own a Boglioli piece
Polo Ralph Lauren? Used to be Corneliani

I'm sure there's way more examples too. You're just being ignorant

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol you're a goof. This is a direct quote, how else am I to interpret it?

"Brooks Brothers entry level are much better quality for roughly the same price you paid for the used Prada."

You want to talk in generalities? You're still wrong. The fact is many of the designer brands use top class tailors.

Gucci and Versace? Zegna
Burberry? Used to be HF and Belvest
Faconnable? I've seen all sorts but I own a Boglioli piece
Polo Ralph Lauren? Used to be Corneliani

I'm sure there's way more examples too. You're just being ignorant

Do you understand English? Seriously, you seem to not understand the term "most" or grasp the concept of "generalities."

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you understand English? Seriously, you seem to not understand the term "most" or grasp the concept of "generalities."
Like who specifically are you talking about here?

Tom Ford?
Thom Browne?
Rick Owens?
Louis Vuitton?

Which designers of Prada prestige are in your "most" category and which would be worse than entry level Brooks Brother?

Reactions: lol

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like who specifically are you talking about here?

Tom Ford?
Thom Browne?
Rick Owens?
Louis Vuitton?

Which designers of Prada prestige are in your "most" category and which would be worse than entry level Brooks Brother?

Versace, Hugo Boss, Armani Collezioni, entry level Prada, etc.

You really conflated the **** out of my initial post and turned it into "Prada Belvest" sucks and all designers made garbage suits or BB entry line > Cantarelli (I have no opinion on this). I literally never made any of those statements.

TheOne11

Reaction score
Hard to tell from just that picture. Is there any other tags? Can you send a close up of the zipper?

Here is the zipper

$_0.JPG

$_0 (1).JPG

TheTrash14

Reaction score
Please help authenticate this bag. Recently thrifted for a few dollars.

Thank you.

IMG_9550.JPG

IMG_9551.JPG

IMG_9552.JPG

IMG_9553.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads