• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Facial Moisturizers

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I personally think the Gillette Complete Skincare Facial Moisturizer works just as well as the more expensive brands that I've tried, Kiehls, Zirh, Anthony Logistics, etc...

Bradford

alaaro

Reaction score
I use the moisturizer from Sharps, and I love it. Expensive, but worth it. Regardless of what you use, make sure it's alcohol free. Be sure to check the ingredients of typical drugstore stuff, like Gillette, etc, because they often contain alcohol. And if they do, they tend to overcompensate with overly oily ingredients.

whitsang

Reaction score
I use Khiel's facial moisturizer with SPF 15. Works well year round. Worth the money and lasts a while.

shqiptar

Reaction score
I'm minimalist in almost everything, and that includes facial care. I use After Shave balm to mosterize not only the shaved area, but the whole face. Works like a charm, avoiding the need to keep many bottles around. I managed to buy many bottles on sale and have been using them since. It saves a lot of money too.

benchan

Reaction score
I just use some relatively cheap L'Oreal products-around $10 for 4oz. Two separate bottles and formulas, one for day time, one before sleep/right after shower. SPF15 is a must, but I doubt you need this at night.

jasonpraxis

Reaction score
I have used Kiehl's Face Cream for some time now, having previously used Clinique (too greasy, too slow to absorb, too expensive). The Kiehl's is fairly heavy, but it absorbs quickly and feels light. I use it as both an aftershave, in the morning, and a moisturizer at night. Recently I tried a sample of the Kiehl's Facial Fuel, which seems to be some sort of moisturizer on steroids. Aside from the inflated price and the pea green color of the cream, I noticed little difference from the "regular" moisturizer.

benchan

Reaction score
Speaking of Kiehl which many of you has mentioned......As fourm members, any stylistist opinion on their sales who wear "labcoat" uniform? It is not like they are pharmacists, docs, lab technicians or researchers.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does your skin tend to get very dry?

I use Kiehls Ultra moisturizer, but I find it's insufficient during the dry winter months. Otherwise, I think it's a great product, especially for the price.

Of the more expensive brands, I really like Molton Brown's moisturizer, and disliked Lab Series.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use Aveeno -- both their moisturizer and their shave cream. Great stuff. And, can be purchased at CVS.

GQ Lawyer

Reaction score
My favorite (and I've tried way too many) is the Baxter's of California with SPF.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i sedcond the baxters as well
but kiehls is a good option with their lypocene moisturizer and/or abyssine moisturizer
korres has a nice borrage anti shine moisturizer with spf6
anthony logistics spf15 facial moisturizer is also a good option

Josh

Reaction score
i use cetaphil, its cheap, odorless and works just as well as those expensive brands.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a moisturizer by DDF that can be bought at Sephora.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads