• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fabric reweavers USA - awesome

Chaos_Cow

Reaction score
I recently had a little bike accident (the crank snapped in half) and my new LBM 1911 summerweight jacket got torn. Here's what it looked like:

I went to a few tailors and they basically laughed me out of the shop. So I looked into invisible weaving.

Invisible weaving is a process in which a piece of fabric is taken and it's re-attached on top of the tear. Each strand needs to be attached individually to other strands on the jacket so that it attaches seamlessly. It's highly labor-intensive, and accordingly, very expensive.

I went to one in my city. I was quoted $350 to repair the jacket. I really didn't want to pay that, as the cost of the jacket + alterations was only a little higher, so I shopped around online.

I found Fabric Reweavers USA, saw some good mentions online, gave them a call and got a quote for a MUCH lower price - $145 including return shipping.

I got the jacket back today - here's the sleeve:

To me, this is an unbelievable result. I'm actually looking forward to screwing up my next jacket

I posted this thread because on the phone the owners talked as if they could use more business. I see this as an extremely valuable and well-priced service, so I wanted to make SF aware.

Last edited:

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the first truly interesting thing I've read on SF in a while, I had no idea this service existed. Thank you OP for sharing. I can foresee a lot of applications for this.

guyver00

Reaction score
Wow, didn't know there is services out there that can repair such a tear. I'll have to bookmark their website.

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is unbelievably impressive, thanks for sharing and have fun with your jacket! :)

NeedStyleHelp

Reaction score
That's amazing! I have a pair of pants that are starting to wear in the crotch, so I might give them a try.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently had a little bike accident (the crank snapped in half) and my new LBM 11 summerweight jacket got torn. Here's what it looked like:
NIMKURV.jpg

I went to a few tailors and they basically laughed me out of the shop. So I looked into invisible weaving.

Invisible weaving is a process in which a piece of fabric is taken and it's re-attached on top of the tear. Each strand needs to be attached individually to other strands on the jacket so that it attaches seamlessly. It's highly labor-intensive, and accordingly, very expensive.

I went to one in my city. I was quoted $350 to repair the jacket. I really didn't want to pay that, as the cost of the jacket + alterations was only a little higher, so I shopped around online.

I found Fabric Reweavers USA, saw some good mentions online, gave them a call and got a quote for a MUCH lower price - $145 including return shipping.

I got the jacket back today - here's the sleeve:

p5OZr3H.jpg

j2fmZJs.jpg

To me, this is an unbelievable result. I'm actually looking forward to screwing up my next jacket

I posted this thread because on the phone the owners talked as if they could use more business. I see this as an extremely valuable and well-priced service, so I wanted to make SF aware.

Amazing, too bad I have nothing in need of repair. Thank you for posting.

S240

Reaction score
Wow that's cool! Now I just need a similar fix for broken/damaged buttons.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea on the price of reweaving a much smaller hole?

I've got a hole in the pants of a suit...the suit is getting old but I would like to keep wearing it. I had thought about just patching/reinforcing the hole (it's near the front pocket and would be covered by the jacket) but wanted to price out reweaving first.

It also got dirty the last time I wore it...I don't want to clean it before doing the repair (would lead to fraying) but I worry that the stains will be permanent and I will have wasted money on the repair if they don't come out.

Chaos_Cow

Reaction score

Any idea on the price of reweaving a much smaller hole?

I've got a hole in the pants of a suit...the suit is getting old but I would like to keep wearing it. I had thought about just patching/reinforcing the hole (it's near the front pocket and would be covered by the jacket) but wanted to price out reweaving first.

It also got dirty the last time I wore it...I don't want to clean it before doing the repair (would lead to fraying) but I worry that the stains will be permanent and I will have wasted money on the repair if they don't come out.

Almost certainly much, much cheaper. Take a picture and send them an e-mail - they'll give you an estimate. They quoted me $150 after seeing the picture, and they made it very clear that that was as expensive as their service ever gets. What you're looking for would be significantly cheaper.

Last edited:

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have so much respect for reweavers. Last year I tore a hole in my suit pants and luckily there was a reweaver here in Korea. It turned out great and it's barely noticeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads