• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extreme Music (Black Metal, Noise, Grind etc)

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My roomate gave me Turisas to listen to at the gym. ******* epic.

Moar like this?

(I like the sludge/doom/stoner stuff too, but feeling like i'm going to go slay a dragon is a great way to get the last few reps in)

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be into tons of this stuff. I've toned it down some but still have some bands I still listen to. Was more of my teenage years and early 20's, but some bands I still love. Looking forward to the new Scar Symmetry release. As a guitarist of over 20 years I can really appreciate the musicianship of some of these groups. That said, I find myself chuckling at cookie monster vocals more and more as I get older.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember Anal ****? they were good for a good grindcore laugh... Strapping Young Lads City is probably one of my favourite hard rock/metal albums.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Listening to

Urfaust
Kvelertak
Peste Noire
40 Watt sun.

Urfaust is playing a rare American show in Baltimore w. Krallice next week. Pretty excited.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
Am I doing it right?

dopethrone

Reaction score
Urfaust is fantastic. I'm going to catch them at the Rites of Darkness festival in San Antonio, and they're one of my most anticipated bands, along with Sargeist.

There's rumblings of a Kvelertak headlining tour coming up fairly soon...

Listening to

Urfaust
Kvelertak
Peste Noire
40 Watt sun.

Urfaust is playing a rare American show in Baltimore w. Krallice next week. Pretty excited.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ What do you think about Wolves? I love the female vocals. Think they're one of the few metal outfits that can do it without sounding cheesy or contrived.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not quite extreme, but Tyr is ******* awesome. Takes awhile to grow on you, but if you like folk/viking metal, you can't go wrong. dont get me wrong, i love my amon amarth, but these guys have an excellent approach to the genre. very tight, excellent harmonies, great concept albums.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads