• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experiences with Yoox? Help please!

Patek14

Reaction score
Hey SF - I almost never buy clothes online, but I may do some winter coat shopping at Yoox. Is this a reputable site? I'd be spending a decent chunk of change, so I am trying to determine if they sell seconds or counterfeit product?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a couple of jackets from Yoox about 5 years ago. Returns was no problem I found, provided you don't remove the tags. Sure they're not selling counterfeits, but some of it might be ends of line and out of season stuff. They're a reputable online retailer based in Italy.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yoox also runs the e-shop of many large, international brands such as Armani. It's not counterfeit, damaged, seconds, etc. It's closeout items like one would find at any outlet.

Patek14

Reaction score

Yoox also runs the e-shop of many large, international brands such as Armani. It's not counterfeit, damaged, seconds, etc. It's closeout items like one would find at any outlet.

Thanks for the replies guys! :)

by the way, I looooove closeout items at outlets! I live on that stuff, HAHA

Cannux

Reaction score
Bad Experience! I recently purchased two pairs of "Made in Italy" ankle boots from Yoox. I was comfortable purchasing from the company based on the information on their website and Yoox being situated in Italy. The website assured that products were authentic. The product description said the boots were leather and leather lined. I looked up the companies the boots were to have been made by and saw that they sell to upscale stores. I figured I was getting last year's or last season's stock at a good price.

What I received was garbage. Not worth even a quarter of the discounted sale price. Junk boots made of plastic, they smell like cheap plastic, look horrible, are a weird and ugly fit. AND after I received them I did some digging and found them on a Chinese wholesale site. Cheap, cheap, cheap, Shameful. I called customer service and told them they were selling counterfeit goods.

Reading online reviews customer service seems to be lacking. Apparently many people receive a fraction of what they are owed when they return goods with many not being reimbursed at all. I'm not impressed. I would not have bought these boots had I known they contained any plastic or synthetic materials as I'm allergic.

Yoox is selling counterfeit goods and misleading people with their messaging and product descriptions. Shameful!

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Yes a link to the boots in question and photos of what you received would be appreciated.

While their product descriptions are skimpy, I have never had any concerns about counterfeit items or items not as described after a dozen or so orders. No issues with returns either.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bad Experience!  I recently purchased two pairs of "Made in Italy" ankle boots from Yoox. I was comfortable purchasing from the company based on the information on their website and Yoox being situated in Italy. The website assured that products were authentic. The product description said the boots were leather and leather lined. I looked up the companies the boots were to have been made by and saw that they sell to upscale stores. I figured I was getting last year's or last season's stock at a good price.

What I received was garbage. Not worth even a quarter of the discounted sale price. Junk boots made of plastic, they smell like cheap plastic, look horrible, are a weird and ugly fit. AND after I received them I did some digging and found them on a Chinese wholesale site. Cheap, cheap, cheap, Shameful. I called customer service and told them they were selling counterfeit goods. 

Reading online reviews customer service seems to be lacking. Apparently many people receive a fraction of what they are owed when they return goods with many not being reimbursed at all. I'm not impressed. I would not have bought these boots had I known they contained any plastic or synthetic materials as I'm allergic. 

Yoox is selling counterfeit goods and misleading people with their messaging and product descriptions. Shameful!

How strange a first post is a diatribe which is critical of Yoox. Put up job by a competitor?

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How strange a first post is a diatribe which is critical of Yoox. Put up job by a competitor?

was wondering too but the YOOX Net-a-Porter Group is way too big to try to take down by negative posts on Styleforum. Apparently their net revenue was 1.7 billion Euro in 2015. Anyhow pictures of the boots in question and a link to the Yoox page would be helpful.

Last edited:

heybear

Reaction score
While their product descriptions are skimpy, I have never had any concerns about counterfeit items or items not as described after a dozen or so orders. No issues with returns either.

+1. I've ordered a lot from Yoox, and while results can vary, counterfeits are unlikely, and overall the quality is usually very good (including on obscure brands). That said, shoes are one category in which I've found them to be less reliable. I've ordered shoes three times, and two of the three have been horrible—glued soles and awful leather. I don't think that means they're counterfeit, though. I just think there are some crappy shoemakers trying to coast on "made in Italy" logos. One thing to know is that Yoox does some in-house branding, and it's not always easy to tell what's what. I have my suspicious that several of the shoe brands very well represented on the site are being manufactured at not high standards specifically for Yoox. But this is just a hunch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads