• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

exercising on a BUDGET

Mandesign

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiger02
Welcome! But man oh man have you got a long way to go
smile.gif
I never maxed pushups until my XO had us do a set of 50, ten seconds, 45, ten seconds, down to 10. Increase by five every week. With body armor.

Thats not my regimine
laugh.gif

Thats what i started with though. I do straight up 5 sets of 45 with about a 15 second rest in between now. In the mornings to get blood goin and work up a sweat. I weight lift in the afternoons to actually gain mass and more strength.

heavyd

Reaction score
its funny the people i know actually in great shape don't belong to a gym they run, do push ups, etc. the gym folks are mostly average.

fact is, if you are so inclined to be in solid shape, you will figure out hot to stay active. on actual weight training... thats a difference story.

adversity04

Reaction score
Gym folks are mostly average because I'm going to guess a lot of them go through the movements of working out. Doing 3 sets of 10 at a comfortable weight is not going to get good results. I used to do that....then I got smart
tounge.gif

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gym at work is free, and I go early in the morning because it is the only time guaranteed not to be interrupted.

Ony problem is that I still sweat a lot after my shower and it can be a little icky in my clothes for the first hour or so after I change ...
blush.gif

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to agree that the best exercising on a budget is done through running, pushups, crunches or burpees.

yeayea

Reaction score

adversity04

Reaction score
I actually just downloaded a bunch bodyweight workouts in a word doc or something of that sort. If you want it send me a PM. There's quite a bit of variation in there.

Disclaimer: Taken from the crossfit forums so they might be a little intense for some people.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adversity04
I actually just downloaded a bunch bodyweight workouts in a word doc or something of that sort. If you want it send me a PM. There's quite a bit of variation in there.

Disclaimer: Taken from the crossfit forums so they might be a little intense for some people.

Sent PM.

Thanks!

Jon.

Aiwass

Reaction score
driving to a gym to workout is too much like another job, i'd perfer to exercise in the comfort of my own home

Shloff

Reaction score
This is maybe the first time I read the word "budget" mentioned on this site. As for going cheap, it comes down to running (good jogging shoes), push ups, sit ups etc... in the comfort of your own home. If you hope to see spandex ass at the gym while lifting, you will need to join. Apparently you have a motivation issue...

A piece of advice...this is not the place for training/body issue concerns as you are sure to get bad influence on these matters.

adversity04

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shloff
A piece of advice...this is not the place for training/body issue concerns as you are sure to get bad influence on these matters.

Depends on who you're listening to.

Originally Posted by AdventureJunkIe*
HEY, OP go to this website, http://www.rosstraining.com/

I've heard his good Never Gymless is very good, but I haven't checked it out myself. Would probably be what the OP wants though.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Gym at work is free, and I go early in the morning because it is the only time guaranteed not to be interrupted.

Ony problem is that I still sweat a lot after my shower and it can be a little icky in my clothes for the first hour or so after I change ...
blush.gif

If you shower with the water all the way to HOT, that may be your problem. Wash your face with scorching hot water, it'll compensate by producing tons more oil.

Gav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aiwass
driving to a gym to workout is too much like another job, i'd perfer to exercise in the comfort of my own home

I agree
laugh.gif

I bought a rowing machine which i use in my room. I recommend doing the same as you get a good workout and they don't cost the earth. I've found it tones me as opposed to building me up and i haven't the faintest idea why that is?

I will admit though, it's not the most fun I've ever had using it but I'm still glad it's there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads