• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyone's 2009 Clothing Plans / 2008 Insights ?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Black Fleece in BB0 is a regular 36 and BB1 is a regular 38. Slightly bigger than TB sizing, yes.

Thanks YfYf and holdfast. Damn those were tempting but not sure they'd fit well under slim jackets.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Thanks YfYf and holdfast. Damn those were tempting but not sure they'd fit well under slim jackets.

Stick them in the tumble-drier and they'll probably be OK...
smile.gif

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If you're truly ambitious: double-breasted tweed sportcoat. You'll crash and burn, or you'll be a forum hero.

i think it would crash and burn in real life, and be a forum hero.....could be epic.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
If you're truly ambitious: double-breasted tweed sportcoat. You'll crash and burn, or you'll be a forum hero.

:yawn: BTDT

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody on this forum with the same size as Sho should stop buying coats now, chances are he will be able to buy exquisite coats later on this year for a bargain!!!!!!!!

Irond Will

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started reading this forum a few months ago after randomly deciding to start dressing up to my dressed-down job. I set to acquiring a basic rotation of reasonably-priced but presentable clothing.

I just quit smoking and am being sent to an extremely remote outpost for five months where there will be nothing to do but eat or work out. I more or less expect to get back home either much more trim or much fatter than I am now, and I guess this will guide my clothing choices.

Other than that, I've reached a point where I have most of my bases covered:

a) grey pin-stripe suit
b) solid navy suit
c) navy pin-stripe suit
d) several sportcoats and blazers in a range of colors/ styles
e) maybe 12 pairs of trousers from cords and twills to gabs
f) probably 30 button-up shirts, mostly solids, covering button-downs, straight collars and double cuffs.
g) presentable, if cheap-ish shoes in black, burgundy, brown and tan with appropriate belts

Basically, aside from a solid charcoal suit, I'm pretty much covered for what I want to do. I guess assuming I don't have to get a completely differently-sized wardrobe, I can dedicate myself to upgrading my low-to-mid-end wardrobe piece by piece.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I guess I got more sure...just bought two Borrelli cashmere overcoats from Ian at World'sFinest. A single breasted in camel and 6x2 DB in navy w/ mama-sized peak lapels.

That didn't last long!
laugh.gif

mert54

Reaction score
Well, 2007 was a brands year, when I bought my True Religions, but 2008 was a more SF friendly year with raw jeans, less branding, and fewer ed hardy stuff, but I couldn't resist their shoes and one shirt, sorry. And a year of Many shoes, especially in November, Over Thanksgiving week I bought 6 pairs of great shoes that were all great deals, needless to say I was very proud of myself.

mert54

Reaction score
This year, I don't know yet, maybe some APC's or RRL's, but my checkbook has definitely taken a hit recently, but some good may come soon in the next couple months as I try to rebuild.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i want to collect a few more peacoats. perhaps a couple of staple slim suits. basically, i predict 2009-2010 will be my years of outercoats and suits perhaps the way 2008 was to jeans and 2006-07 was to shoes.

what?! and we haven't even had a name change to reflect your shift to denims.
smile.gif

rsgould

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf
Sorry, couldn't resist showing my first two tie purchases of the year. The navy one is about as shiny as I will go. The kitty is a bit too flash for work but it is considered lucky and I will need a hell of a lot of that this year.

YFYF-2009-01-05-ties-re.jpg

I've had my eye on both of those Hermes! Love their current F/W ties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads