• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Etro

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a couple of Etro sports coats over this past weekend.  I liked the funky details (like leather edging on a tweed coat) but was worried that I would look at the piece in my closet in two weeks and say, "what the heck was I thinking?"  So I was wondering what other people thought about Etro and whether their pieces can easily be dressed up or down or are best left to parties and art gallery openings.

VWpete

Reaction score
I like their tone'd down jackets and pants... the one you describe sounds awfully nice. I own an Etro (orange and blue)diagonal striped shirt that is amazing. I get compliments every time I wear it whether it be out clubbing or at nice men's stores. Etro makes some incredible clothes with forward design I really appreciate. I especially like their shirts and ties. I think some of their crazier pieces are a bit out there, but I've seen some great looks with their sport coats. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, it will look great. Good luck.
Pete

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love Etro but I stick with their subtler tailored clothing. Some of their shirts and ties are wonderful. Just the thing to wear when you are in a cheerful mood. I'm still kicking myself for not buying an Etro suit I once saw at Neiman Marcus Last Call in San Antonio. An incredible three button in a dark charcoal grey silk with a very red lining. Of course I passed up three different NWT Oxxford Tailcoats that day at $120 each. I must have been crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics