• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Etro

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was looking at a couple of Etro sports coats over this past weekend.  I liked the funky details (like leather edging on a tweed coat) but was worried that I would look at the piece in my closet in two weeks and say, "what the heck was I thinking?"  So I was wondering what other people thought about Etro and whether their pieces can easily be dressed up or down or are best left to parties and art gallery openings.

VWpete

Reaction score
I like their tone'd down jackets and pants... the one you describe sounds awfully nice. I own an Etro (orange and blue)diagonal striped shirt that is amazing. I get compliments every time I wear it whether it be out clubbing or at nice men's stores. Etro makes some incredible clothes with forward design I really appreciate. I especially like their shirts and ties. I think some of their crazier pieces are a bit out there, but I've seen some great looks with their sport coats. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, it will look great. Good luck.
Pete

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I love Etro but I stick with their subtler tailored clothing. Some of their shirts and ties are wonderful. Just the thing to wear when you are in a cheerful mood. I'm still kicking myself for not buying an Etro suit I once saw at Neiman Marcus Last Call in San Antonio. An incredible three button in a dark charcoal grey silk with a very red lining. Of course I passed up three different NWT Oxxford Tailcoats that day at $120 each. I must have been crazy.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy