• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Essentials of a Summer Wardrobe?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I think it depends on where you live.

Arizona - shorts, flip-flops and lots of t-shirts
devil.gif
It's going to hit 103 today and soon that will seem cool.

Obviously a lot more tradly responses to this on AAAC.

dennisdomino

Reaction score
Navy blazer in a light weight, I agree that something seersucker is always fun, several pairs of different color trousers (have some fun with colors like red, yellow, even pink)...will try and think what else

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe Alan Flusser would agree that the ethic of concentrating on the classical crispness of navy and white applies equally to all seasons but in different weights and finishes of fabric.

This might be of interest, both of the outfits featured are in summer weaves and/or weights.

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/article/...back-to-basics

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer Checklist:

sunscreen
cooler
A nice beach chair (w/drink holder?)
hat (too many different kinds to mention)
sunglasses
flip flops
boogie board
moisturizer
games for out in the sun (f*%#ing boring just sitting there)
clothing magazines (or light summer reading - nothing too deep or you'll forget to flip over, or even worse, miss the girl in bikini)

good swimming trunks (patagonia)
sneakers, flip flops?/sandals?
web belt
t-shirts, polos, a light jacket (for those cool nights)
Finally, khakis and a decent pair of denim.

cmrocks

Reaction score
I've almost completely stopped wearing shorts this summer and replaced them with linen pants. I love them so far, they actually seem cooler than something like cotton cargo shorts. A nice pair of sunglasses is also a must. I just had perscription lenses put in my favorite sunglasses; I don't know how I lived without them before. I've been wearing long sleeve polos a lot this summer. I really like them for going out in the evening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads