• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, hand welted - sure, soles are open for discussion - what are you thinking?
Basically anything but commando. I would prefer a less noticeable rubber sole. Also,what does the welt look like? I know Enzo can do some pretty intense welts. i would prefer a classic clean welt.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
There's commando and there's commando... any idea which commando sole EB uses normally?

I believe the welt under discussion is the flat welt.

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Basically anything but commando. I would prefer a less noticeable rubber sole. Also,what does the welt look like? I know Enzo can do some pretty intense welts. i would prefer a classic clean welt.

Currently doing 270 degree flat welt. Also asking to see if are able to trip the Welt, I've always asked that we trim where possible and they've generally pretty accommodating.

Note: In previous discussions, for the 360 Norvegese welt - little to no trimming can be done. They haven't had any bad experiences, but had some concerns about trimming these due to the potential structural integrity but I didn't have a ton of details outside of that.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean? One of the aspects that I like about EB is the distinctive chunky welt. Are you looking to do these with a closely trimmed welt? Is that what you mean?

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you clarify what you mean? One of the aspects that I like about EB is the distinctive chunky welt. Are you looking to do these with a closely trimmed welt? Is that what you mean?

Yep, going to see if I have pictures but even trimmed - they're still pretty chunky, just not as chunky as they normally would be. Nobody with an eye would mistaken them for Alden welts, let's say.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yep, going to see if I have pictures but even trimmed - they're still pretty chunky, just not as chunky as they normally would be. Nobody with an eye would mistaken them for Alden welts, let's say.

I don't think I would want that modification to the typical EB makeup, I am sorry to say.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score

Are you 100% committed to the makeup that you're proposing? I don't think it works for me as proposed and I think it might be more likely to get filled if it's adjusted a bit.

Below is an example of EB's commando. As commando goes it's pretty chunky as opposed to a 430 or something like Alden's commando, for example. It doesn't work for me on the more elegant 74945 with the 270 flat welt. I'd propose hewing more closely to the tried and true balway makeup. They look amazing. If you have pics of what you had in mind, I will definitely have a look. Maybe I'm not visualizing it but it seems a bit off to me.

Edit: I'd be a proponent of replicating the makeup that @stephenaf2003 has since I'm of the opinion that it can not really be improved upon. :) This appears to be close to the desired makeup but I think it's the standard EB 270 degree flat welt. I'd prefer double leather or maybe topy double leather... but I'd probably be OK with a low profile rubber sole. I'm not that crazy about dainite but not sure what other options there are.

Last edited:

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you 100% committed to the makeup that you're proposing? I don't think it works for me as proposed and I think it might be more likely to get filled if it's adjusted a bit.

Below is an example of EB's commando. As commando goes it's pretty chunky as opposed to a 430 or something like Alden's commando, for example. It doesn't work for me on the more elegant 74945 with the 270 flat welt. I'd propose hewing more closely to the tried and true balway makeup. They look amazing. If you have pics of what you had in mind, I will definitely have a look. Maybe I'm not visualizing it but it seems a bit off to me.

Edit: I'd be a proponent of replicating the makeup that @stephenaf2003 has since I'm of the opinion that it can not really be improved upon. :) This appears to be close to the desired makeup but I think it's the standard EB 270 degree flat welt. I'd prefer double leather or maybe topy double leather... but I'd probably be OK with a low profile rubber sole. I'm not that crazy about dainite but not sure what other options there are.

Huh, I thought Lorenzo had commando soles similar to what Alden uses and not the Vibram one. Either way, I did reach out to confirm.

That being said, agree with the Vibram commando being entirely too chunky, which was as you suggested, was not what I was trying to achieve on the 74945. If I was looking for chunky, it'd be on the 363 MOD.

Waiting to hear back and I'll post the updated details so it doesn't clutter the thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads