• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome @stephenaf2003 - I'm trying to think of the fairest way to do this now that we have 2 in and 1 out. @mugenlove was on board from the start when Smooth was the only option and you've immediately taken up once the Hatch Grain was made available. I think we can accommodate everybody.
Well I’m the last one in so far, so I fully understand that my requests should be considered last.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I’m the last one in so far, so I fully understand that my requests should be considered last.
Thanks for your understanding - it would be nice to accommodate everyone still ;-). I've just shot Lorenzo an email; hope to get a response soon - he's pretty quick, I think he doesn't sleep.

Last edited:

oskrusa

Reaction score
Thanks for your understanding - it would be nice to accommodate everyone still ;-). I've just shot Lorenzo an email; hope to get a response soon - he's pretty quick, I don't think he sleeps....

Great! Hopefully Lorenzo would be able to accommodate the all-smooth design you want vs. hatch grain shafts vs. full hatch grain (if the latter is even an option at this point).
He usually does not go with mismatches unless there are a minimum of 4 pairs for each design pattern.

Charllesun

Reaction score
@oskrusa - you were correct, Lorenzo got back to me and the total price is $1130 USD.
Just a heads up to the rest of the GMTO - the amended price is $1130 USD:
@AlucardX
@Charllesun
@kevenmee
@stephenaf2003
@mugenlove
Thanks for your organization.
But i’m very sorry that actually I bought a new pair of color 6 shell boots from another shoe maker.
Also only my size UK9.5 will be a mismatch combination.
I think I don’t need a new pair with 50% extra cost($1130) than the oncoming one.
I need some new styles.
Thank you all the same.

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your organization.
But i’m very sorry that actually I bought a new pair of color 6 shell boots from another shoe maker.
Also only my size UK9.5 will be a mismatch combination.
I think I don’t need a new pair with 50% extra cost($1130) than the oncoming one.
I need some new styles.
Thank you all the same.
No worries @Charllesun and I totally understand. Where did you manage to get Color #6 boots from?

@stephenaf2003 - it looks like you’re all good for the Hatch Grain Shaft.
:cheers:

Last edited:

mugenlove

Reaction score
@mugenlove
@Charllesun
@oskrusa
@AlucardX
@Mr Clemson

A further and very interesting update for the Color #6 Balway GMTO from Lorenzo:

1. The Color #6 is in Lorenzo's hot little hands;
2. For those who expressed interest in a Color #6 Hatch Grain shaft - you're in luck; Horween sent enough of this Shell for at most 5 pairs of boots in the Hatch Grain/Smooth Upper combo;
3. If there is enough interest in both the Smooth and Hatch Grain shaft, there maybe sufficient numbers to do 2 parallel GMTOs.

This is great news for those who were originally looking for the Hatch Grain shaft only to be informed that it wasn't available.

If there is anyone else interested who is not on the original list above, please let me know. Lorenzo finished up receiving a lot more than his original allotment of 12 smooth shells; his stock stands at 20 Smooth and 6 Hatch Grain.

Just a recap on the final make-up:
GMTO total price: $1095 USD per pair
Model: Balway
Last: 74945
Upper: Smooth Color #6
Eyelets/Hooks: 5 smaller antique bronze eyelets with 3 matching speed hooks.
Shaft: Smooth Color #6 or Hatch Grain Color #6 (up to 5 pairs in this make-up only)
Welt: 360 Natural Storm Welt
Sole: Ridgeway sole - Lorenzo suggested this and after copying all your size details, it will not be a problem getting correct sized heels for almost everyone. @Charllesun - I'm really hoping the 3 5/8 Ridgeway heel will fit your UK 9.5 boot, but I've let Lorenzo know you're happy with the mismatch if it doesn't.

Please let me know what you think guys, either here or via DM.

Here is a pic of the Smooth Color #6 alongside some other colors.
L-R: Color #2 (Garnet), Color #4, Color #6, Color #8

View attachment 1295105

Cheers
I’ll do the whole makeup in hatch color 6 or the hatch uppers. Whatever gets the gmto completed ☺️

Last edited:

frighter3

Reaction score
GMTO seamless wholecut

Leathear
Dark Blue Calf

Last:

Sole:
Single leather with donkey back (fiddleback)

Sole color:
Black /dark brown

Waist
Bombe

Heel
Cuban - (strong preference for cuban)

Construction:
Hand welted WITHOUT Norwegian

Anyone would like to join? We have 3 already.

The price is 556 euro ex vat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads