• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very Interested. I'm in, but would adjust two details: 1) definitely need 4 speedhooks at the top. Let's be real, it's a pain ********** to lace up tall boots without them; and 2) need the 363 MOD last.
Awesome! So, unfortunately, the makeup is finalized given the 3 confirmed participants. The one thing that I'm waiting to hear back on is if we can make an exception for speed hooks vs. eyelets. Once I hear back on that, I'll follow up here. Would that change push you over the edge to participate with the makeup as outlined?

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to throw this out there but if people are looking for a 363 MOD balway I'd like to run one with a smooth natural shell base and a hatch natural shell shaft, both being glazed. I know there was an unglazed natural balway that ran last year but I'd prefer glazed. If people are interested in concept I can propose a full makeup.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! So, unfortunately, the makeup is finalized given the 3 confirmed participants. The one thing that I'm waiting to hear back on is if we can make an exception for speed hooks vs. eyelets. Once I hear back on that, I'll follow up here. Would that change push you over the edge to participate with the makeup as outlined?

Unfortunately, I'm out if the last isn't 363MOD. It's just the best fitting Bonafe last out there for me. I think your makeup sounds lit, though.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is the makeup the changes we discussed so far

• Upper: Smooth Bourbon Shell
  • Shaft: Hatch Grain Bourbon Shell
  • Eyelets: 9 small antique brass eyelets
  • Welt: 360 flat with natural/chestnut edge dressing (Lorenzo confirmed that they have been cutting these closer recently)
  • Sole:Double Leather and Toe taps
  • Last: 74945
  • Final Price: $1095 + $55
Confirmed: @smartbrother @Patrick1053 @jischwar ?

I believe @ryanluo23 is based out of AUS, so hopefully he's on board with these changes. @ryanluo23 let us know if you can get behind this makeup and we can wrap this up.

I am waiting for Lorenzo to confirm if Massimo will allow me to do 5 + 4 here .. if he does, I am all in on this makeup ??

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for Lorenzo to confirm if Massimo will allow me to do 5 + 4 here .. if he does, I am all in on this makeup ??
sweet, hope you can join us. I really do not understand what the problem with your request would be, so I am optimistic.

gshyoung

Reaction score
Hi guys

long time member, but I seldom post. I’m from Australia.

Keen to hop on the GMTO for the bourbon Balway. What’s the current make up?

This is my first GMTO :)

Thanks

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

long time member, but I seldom post. I’m from Australia.

Keen to hop on the GMTO for the bourbon Balway. What’s the current make up?

This is my first GMTO :)

Thanks
Hey there, the makeup is below.

• Eyelets: 9 small antique brass eyelets or 5+4 speed hooks
  • Welt: 360 flat with natural edge
It's almost complete with the last point of contention eyelets vs. Speed hooks

gshyoung

Reaction score
Hey there, the makeup is below.

• Eyelets: 9 small antique brass eyelets or 5+4 speed hooks
  • Welt: 360 flat with natural edge
It's almost complete with the last point of contention eyelets vs. Speed hooks

Thanks jischwar.

Do you happen to have any pics of the bourbon shell for reference? I assume the Shell is glazed?

What's the process to join the GMTO?

Thanks

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks jischwar.

Do you happen to have any pics of the bourbon shell for reference? I assume the Shell is glazed?

What's the process to join the GMTO?

Thanks
Send an email to [email protected] and tell him you are interested in the Bourbon Balway GMTO. It'll be very similar to this one, yes glazed I would presume.
B1.JPG

ryanluo23

Reaction score
For those interested - I found more photos Bourbon Balway on Reddit from the last makeup from reddit user beyondmiles

His review of the boot can be found here

I'm still keen if there anyone is interested with the original makeup :)
  • Eyelets: 4 speed hooks and 4 antique brass eyelets
  • Welt: 270 flat with natural/mid-brown edge dressing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics