• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 2012

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been super busy since I moved last year and just caught up with this post, my choices so far:

@retail
- Navy camo wool Bedford

Waiting for a price drop
- Olive reverse sateen USN
- Olive wool CPO
- Navy uniform suit (cinch pant/andover)

So, who stateside has the camo bedford?
how's the fabric, does it look/feel like it'll pull easily?
and how boxy is the fit this season?

tia

Last edited:

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
They have some good stuff too! Liking that vintage chambray robe, though no sure how I would wear it. Going down to check out the CPO as soon as they open this morning. I just mentally spent two grand looking through their new arrivals and god knows I cannot afford to do that so I'm going to have to be careful down there...

that robe is the best! Although seems like a piece more suitable for SS

S-NMBR

Reaction score
I'm just coming back from Tokyo, and I made a couple of visit to EG store.

I have to say that the collection really give a great impression in person: for sure detail, fabric and quality is improved a lot, all seems more "rugged", raw and authentic, the impression from the catalog that I have seen last January at Pitti Uomo was totally different.

I think the real items are completely better that what you see form the catalog... the last season catalog best show the items (probably was the color print?) and when I purchase few of those I feel the mood of catalog... now is totally different... the catalog does not impress like the real stuff.

For sure the quality is better than the last F/W, now I understand better the price increase, that it let me first a little bit surprised.

Unfortunately, even the substantial quality, the price in Japan are too high.

For me is better to buy here in Europe, or in Italy: I find an amazing store in Bologna called PROTEC that carry EG from the first season and probably got best price that UK shops, but I think the most lucky are the US friends, I see a substantial difference from USA and Japanese prices.

The Tokyo staff was so nice and kind and do the best for find me a couple of pieces that I was so interested to buy even if the price was higher for me: the new desert pant and a pair of chino from the basic line called "Intermediate" that was really really nice... probably the best chino I ever seen.

But 34 size was already sold out... so I hope to be more lucky here in Italy.

A great experience and a great shop: quality improvement in product are tangible!

Hope this small report help people who want to buy EG :)

Last edited:

badeggcat

Reaction score
I dread the day when US prices are on par with JP prices! Perhaps that's the reason for the "non-online" policy on US retailers. You'll need to be reasonably fluent in English to call or email.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dread the day when US prices are on par with JP prices! Perhaps that's the reason for the "non-online" policy on US retailers. You'll need to be reasonably fluent in English to call or email.

JP prices will always be higher than US prices because the pieces are all manufactured in the US.

Knight

Reaction score
OK i managed to exchange my Small Lansdown Cord Olive for a Medium Landown Cord Olive. So thanks for the feedback guys regarding the fit. I'll be taking re-fit pics real soon! Other pieces i ordered/received recently include:

Duffle coat Navy camo - Sz M
E1 pants Grey HB + Navy W32
Down Vest Hoody Grey Sz M

Pics soon! Cheers.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
OK i managed to exchange my Small Lansdown Cord Olive for a Medium Landown Cord Olive. So thanks for the feedback guys regarding the fit. I'll be taking re-fit pics real soon! Other pieces i ordered/received recently include:

Pics soon! Cheers.

Good choice, congrats!

DixonJ

Reaction score
MAC in SF put out some new stuff today, including the red/grey wool stripe pants to match the Baker Jacket, what I think was a black cotton whipcord Bedford or Andover, and these great wool jersey striped hoodies (picked one up... $276 before tax I think, runs a little slim so sized up to an XL).

They were also putting out a lot of great looking FWK stuff... wrap dress in charcoal wool suiting fabric, shawl robes in navy/white polka dot flannel, etc.

I also heard from my guy at Bloomingdales that their first AW sale starts friday, something like 20% off, including their limited EG buy. Sale price quoted for cotton whipcord Cruiser is $476, which I think for me makes it irresistible.

Knight

Reaction score
Good choice, congrats!

Thanks man! Getting the wrong sizes really irked me, trial and error i suppose!
Im really excited about all the items -- the Duffle in navy camo in particular, its a big price tag, but a good investment.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Railroader in wool herringbone is probably my most sought after piece this season. The price really throws me off ($500+), but it just looks so damn nice in pictures. Will probably see which stockists pick it up and mull over a while to see if it's worth waiting for sale season.

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pics soon! Cheers.

What are the e1 pants? Don't think I've seen them.

Edd

Reaction score
chino tracksuit bottoms, pretty horrid imo. Looking on the Bureau website i'm Intrigued as to why the new CPO is over £100 more expensive this season, i'm guessing its not just the extra pocket, maybe a heavier outerwear peice this season.

Blyndon

Reaction score

MAC in SF put out some new stuff today, including the red/grey wool stripe pants to match the Baker Jacket, what I think was a black cotton whipcord Bedford or Andover, and these great wool jersey striped hoodies (picked one up... $276 before tax I think, runs a little slim so sized up to an XL).

They were also putting out a lot of great looking FWK stuff... wrap dress in charcoal wool suiting fabric, shawl robes in navy/white polka dot flannel, etc.

I also heard from my guy at Bloomingdales that their first AW sale starts friday, something like 20% off, including their limited EG buy. Sale price quoted for cotton whipcord Cruiser is $476, which I think for me makes it irresistible.

Does anybody know if Bloomingdales NYC have EG stock this season and what that is. Does the 20% sale run there too?

Thanks in advance.

lawlercon

Reaction score
Blyndon,

I would so love to find the WWM Guide in brown cord as well... we can lust together.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads