1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

Anyone seen in person or tried on the navy whipcord Bedford from this season?
    Impressions?

2. astris

astris Senior member

Bingo, socal, a couple blocks from the ocean. The S/S outwear is usually overkill for winters here.

3. Knight

Knight Senior member

Useful!! :) thanks for that [​IMG]

I wanted a Truman but for some reason got another Lansdown! [Navy wool serge].

Do most of you guys prefer the traditional 'blazer' style of jackets from EG or do most of you prefer the 'hybrid' ie a blazer that can be worn right down or dressed right up... Im just curious to know I've noticed this FW thread has talked a lot of Bedfords, Andovers, Bakers and the Truman. Educate me please? Cheers...

4. MyAcademy

MyAcademy Active Member

Ended up buying one in navy a few days ago.
    The whipcord is nice - I plan on using it as an all season piece with lighter shirts in the summer. Tried it on with a BB ESF and a crewneck for winter mode and had no issue buttoning it all up.
    I had heard that this season's Bedfords were maybe a little too short, but it ends about an inch above my knuckles - not a huge deal for a casual jacket in my opinion.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  5. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

got my grey bedford from context. size small fits spot on for 36 chest and its a great piece. really wanted the truman but happy with this being my first bedford

6. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

well I think the discussion about the FW12 jackets is because EG really dropped a massive collection of jackets with little or no misses, and more variety than is apparent on a quick webstore browse.

as I mentioned some pages back, the Truman (esp in the herringbone) is a fantastic, fantastic piece. for me, however, I've got a lot of blazer-style jackets, and the more unique cuts like the Bedford would just get more wear.

7. boscogne

boscogne Member

Wondering what you all think of the new buttons on the Bedfords?

8. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    I had a chance to look at them at inventory the other day and found them to be as nice as previous iterations. They might become more interesting if he continues to offer these in future collections as being able to switch between different styles and colors would be a fun option.

9. tangential

tangential Senior member

^ Hard to tell from pics -- are they glossy plastic?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  10. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

i want a bedford, but all the way up to sz L felt too small in the shoulders.. couldn't even get my arms in the small, which is the one that would have fit in the rest of the body. L and XL were too long, M i could barely move my arms around

11. Knight

Knight Senior member

Thanks for the info :)

Very true EG amassed an impeccable range of jackets. I did promise myself i will own a Bedford or a Truman at some point. I [personally] love the Lansdown jacket. Can't explain why though, it could be the versatility of it and it is slightly lined which adds a balance to the jacket. Again this is purely personal taste. But i cant keep buying the same jacket -- If i was to buy a more 'blazer' style jacket, which is idea The Bedford? or The Truman? Would you suggest anything else? Cheers.

12. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Last fall I bought the Olive Wool Bedford and wore it a lot; been eyeing the Indigo Melton at Odin but can't justify the 649.00.

13. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

yeah i want that as well,
    too expensive though

14. workhorseblues

workhorseblues Senior member

Would people recommend buying my regular EG jacket size in the Truman? I tend to be a size small in EG outerwear and I’m not sure if I should go with the Truman in size small or medium.

15. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

tried it on and I say TT EG size.

16. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

Can anyone confirm how this year's CPO shirt fits? I usually go with a medium in most EG shirts, but an L in EG outerwear. I wouldn't mind being able to wear it over something else, but also don't want it to look sloppy big if I were to wear it as a shirt on its own. Maybe can't have both?

Also, does anyone know which US stockists have the navy wool camo Bedford? Seems a lot of spots overseas got it, but not so many in NA. I know Inventory has it but $650 + 13% tax. Am going to the US next week and was gonna see if I could have it shipped and save a hundred bucks.

edit: Also, which shops are carrying the Truman in Herringbone? Seems to be getting great reviews and would love to track one down in a Large.

edit: Also x 3 - anyone felt or handled the Varsity in person? Wondering how heavy it is.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  17. slide13

slide13 Senior member

CPO fits like a CPO shirt should when sized like EG shirting. In other words, I wear a large in workshirts and a large in the CPO was perfect to wear over said workshirts, just slightly larger than the standard shirt fitting. Hope that helps.

18. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

I go same size as well in the CPO as it's already cut a bit larger/roomier.

Afaik, the navy wool camo bedford is carried in NA by nepenthes nyc, inventory in bc, and canvas in malibu,,, I've yet to drive up to malibu and check it out so if you happen to come across it while in the states please tie us your take on the fabric and fit.

19. canal_overdub

canal_overdub Well-Known Member

TTS for the Truman.

Definitely the Truman over the Bedford. The Baker is a more trad blazer too.

20. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Picked up the indigo denim work shirt today and I must say no picture I've seen does it justice; a real beautiful deep indigo color. Truly pleased.