1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments FW 2012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Jun 1, 2012.

1. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

1. That fit with the cream 3A is fucking awesome.
    2. Is that a corduroy truman I spy? If so, WHERE to cop?:nodding:

2. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

I tired on the reverse sateen USN pants with my black CP Achilles and the two of them together totally sold me on them.....so much so that I went and bought the brown and navy whipcord versions as well.

For the person inquiring about Nepenthes, I don't believe they ship internationally.

Also, on the navy wool denim Bedford, I know Gary at Drinkwater's has tracked down specific items he didn't carry for people before.....might be worth a shot.

3. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

I think most EG stuff goes well with Doc Martens. As always, Birks are a mainstay of the Nepenthes family.

Please don't start an argument about Birks here.

4. Knight

Knight Senior member

Thanks for the help fellas, it's funny you mentioned red wing oxfords because those were the ones I was eyeing. So I grabbed a paid the russet coloured oxfords, for the USN pants. I think CPs will be awesome too. I was also considering a pair of oak street bookmakers -- shoes rather than boots. I'll keep you posted how I go on those. Thanks again for the footwear advice! :)

5. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

indigo & cotton got that...

anyone seen a herringbone truman in a small?
    i've called everyone i know of...thinking i may have missed out.

6. 36miles

36miles Well-Known Member

indigo & cotton got that...

anyone seen a herringbone truman in a small?
    i've called everyone i know of...thinking i may have missed out.

7. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

not sure about na stockists, but doo-bop has it if you can stomach the price.
    https://www.doo-bop.com/shopping/products/shosai.php?itemcd=1-35&b=10

it's really a great jacket. i'm looking forward to cooler weather so i can finally wear it.

8. Tororo

Tororo Active Member

To the stores listening in here, I am looking for either this season's Work shirt or Miner shirt in natural cotton herringbone in size M.
    Context has the Work shirt, but is sold out in Medium, Mohawk still has it, but didn't answer my e-mail about shipping internationally.

9. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

As much as i dislike the owners of the store - 50% off of all EG at fred segal trend
    I found a railroader jacket in natural, i had given up hope on finding this jacket in my size!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  10. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ Too bad they don't have an online store.

11. slide13

slide13 Senior member

Got my hands on the Golden Bear x EG varsity today and unfortunately it's going back. It is a really nice jacket. The worl is a solid mid weight I'd say, the leather is on the lighter side of what I'd like to see in this application, but not too light weight. Construction was very solid and it is fully lined in a poly-cotton blend black fabric and has two internal snap pockets.

My issues with it are minor, but enough to keep me from holding onto it. The fit (size large jacket, same as my size in this seasons workshirts) was great n the chest and shoulders, a little roomy in the stomach but large at the waist. With a elastic bottom like it has I would expect it tor a slim fit at the bottom so it sits against the body but it hung slightly loose on me at the bottom. Seemed weird for this style of jacket. Also the pockets are a deal killer for me, the jacket is short and top entry pockets make them almost useless for sticking your hands in them....and I like to be able to stick my hands in jacket pockets. Side entry or 45* entry pockets would have been much better and would have gone a long way towards me keeping the jacket.

Oh well, still a nice piece overall, just not perfect for what I want. It's already in the mail back to Barney's.

12. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Senior member

[​IMG]

want...

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  13. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Did you happen to see any xs by chance, as it's at least a 2 hr drive for me and their cs over the phone is horrible.

14. stevent

stevent Senior member

How was Fred Segal in general, almost too lazy to go westside most of the time...

15. APK

APK Senior member

Any Bedfords in XL?

16. Vaudevillian

Vaudevillian Senior member

Did anyone buy (or at least try on) the shoulder hoody? It comes in OS and I wonder whether it would fit huge on me (I'm a XS-S on most brands, including EG).

17. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

huh, where do they have it in stock?

18. mtre

mtre Senior member

19. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

I have an olive one never worn out I'd sell from fw

20. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Thinking about getting a landsdown jacket. If anyone has a M or L from this season, would you give me the shoulder measurements - please? thanks