• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

Gary + the other dudes at Drinkwaters:

Will you guys be posting photos of your buys at some point? I'm eager to see some more non-look book shots of this season's stuff

Yes sir- Gary said he'll post them up here as soon as EG officially puts up their lookbook out of respect for Daiki and the guys at Nepenthes. Yes, it's been online for some time now on a bunch of sites, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it was any of those guys who uploaded it so early... Stay tuned!

yesssir

Reaction score

Looks like nepenthes got their first drop of FW in.

Knight

Reaction score
I'm wondering how thick the charcoal wp fabric is, also if the ldt jacket in that fabric is fully lined or not, any insight here?

It's wool herringbone so yes it's going to be very cosy and warm. I have 3 Landsdowns they're all fully lined. I'm sure thats the case this year. The Paisley printed LDT jacket has won me over in the printed sports coat family so far. It has a matching Irving pant and LDT vest as well as a tie! Insane and very cool.

The Pea jacket and the overparka are amazing! If that parka comes in red [men's range] i'm going to go simply mental.

El QUaG

Reaction score

It's wool herringbone so yes it's going to be very cosy and warm. I have 3 Landsdowns they're all fully lined. I'm sure thats the case this year. The Paisley printed LDT jacket has won me over in the printed sports coat family so far. It has a matching Irving pant and LDT vest as well as a tie! Insane and very cool.

The Pea jacket and the overparka are amazing! If that parka comes in red [men's range] i'm going to go simply mental.

Not sure how you manage to wear all this in Sydney climate?! I've got a few AW jackets which I will be lucky to wear a handful of times in current winter weather.... I am wishing it was colder here during winter, just so there are more opportunities to layer up.

I'm keen to see the khaki coloured pieces seen in the rack shown below.

Knight

Reaction score

Not sure how you manage to wear all this in Sydney climate?! I've got a few AW jackets which I will be lucky to wear a handful of times in current winter weather.... I am wishing it was colder here during winter, just so there are more opportunities to layer up.

I'm keen to see the khaki coloured pieces seen in the rack shown below.

Haha we have cold days but this week I've been sporting lighter weight clothes SS to be exact - my sports jackets aren't as heavy as you think -- denim, corduroy and uniform serge mainly and the NyCo ripstop jackets from FW12 then simply shirts and a vest or shoulder hoody (tie depending on what I'm wearing) underneath. If it's warm, jacket comes off - simple. But to your point 20oz wool Melton is a no go here...

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amen to that....
Before I moved from canada, dressing for year round weather up north was awesome,,,, but now I rarely get to play with layers, hats or scarfs down in socal.

Dino19

Reaction score
Since there's abit of discussion on weather, may I ask if corduroy can be worn all-year round or only during cold weather (ie. spring, autumn & winter)?

the year 1492

Reaction score
Since there's abit of discussion on weather, may I ask if corduroy can be worn all-year round or only during cold weather (ie. spring, autumn & winter)?

This may be more of a personal preference, but I wear my corduroy workadays year round so you should be fine in the summer unless it's really hot.

Sometimes corduroy can be really heavy but you'll know just from handling it if it's winter weight.

Last edited:

Knight

Reaction score

This may be more of a personal preference, but I wear mine corduroy workadays year round so you should be fine in the summer unless it's really hot.

Sometimes corduroy can be really heavy but you'll know just from handling it if it's winter weight.

Mainline pieces use different weights of corduroy -- dependant on the season. This SS13 collection had light weight 8W cord shorts. This FW13 has corduroy Long Beach Pants -- my guess 11W or even heavier. I recommend the Workaday cords as well, it'll handle spring, autumn and winter just fine.

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Like the black watch shirt .. no parka or railroad pics yet ..

Brattman

Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the Matt pant. Is this the first season they've done that design? I really like the way it's styled in the lookbook.

Can anyone compare the differences between the reverse sateen, cavalry twill, and coated heavy twill?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads