1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall / Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by shoreman1782, May 17, 2013.

1. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Yes sir- Gary said he'll post them up here as soon as EG officially puts up their lookbook out of respect for Daiki and the guys at Nepenthes. Yes, it's been online for some time now on a bunch of sites, but unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it was any of those guys who uploaded it so early... Stay tuned!

1 person likes this.
  2. yesssir

yesssir Senior member

[​IMG]
    Looks like nepenthes got their first drop of FW in.

3. Knight

Knight Senior member

It's wool herringbone so yes it's going to be very cosy and warm. I have 3 Landsdowns they're all fully lined. I'm sure thats the case this year. The Paisley printed LDT jacket has won me over in the printed sports coat family so far. It has a matching Irving pant and LDT vest as well as a tie! Insane and very cool.

The Pea jacket and the overparka are amazing! If that parka comes in red [men's range] i'm going to go simply mental.

4. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Thanks /\
    Crossing fingers hoping its not too warm for SoCal.

PSA,
    I have some xs-small eg items fs on ebay, pm if interested.

1 person likes this.
  5. El QUaG

El QUaG Senior member

Not sure how you manage to wear all this in Sydney climate?! I've got a few AW jackets which I will be lucky to wear a handful of times in current winter weather.... I am wishing it was colder here during winter, just so there are more opportunities to layer up.

I'm keen to see the khaki coloured pieces seen in the rack shown below.

[​IMG]

6. Knight

Knight Senior member

Haha we have cold days but this week I've been sporting lighter weight clothes SS to be exact - my sports jackets aren't as heavy as you think -- denim, corduroy and uniform serge mainly and the NyCo ripstop jackets from FW12 then simply shirts and a vest or shoulder hoody (tie depending on what I'm wearing) underneath. If it's warm, jacket comes off - simple. But to your point 20oz wool Melton is a no go here...

7. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

Amen to that....
    Before I moved from canada, dressing for year round weather up north was awesome,,,, but now I rarely get to play with layers, hats or scarfs down in socal.

8. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Since there's abit of discussion on weather, may I ask if corduroy can be worn all-year round or only during cold weather (ie. spring, autumn & winter)?

9. the year 1492

the year 1492 Senior member

This may be more of a personal preference, but I wear my corduroy workadays year round so you should be fine in the summer unless it's really hot.

Sometimes corduroy can be really heavy but you'll know just from handling it if it's winter weight.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  10. Knight

Knight Senior member

Mainline pieces use different weights of corduroy -- dependant on the season. This SS13 collection had light weight 8W cord shorts. This FW13 has corduroy Long Beach Pants -- my guess 11W or even heavier. I recommend the Workaday cords as well, it'll handle spring, autumn and winter just fine.

11. catchh

catchh Senior member

Surprised no one posted this yet:

Big update @ http://engineeredgarments.jp/?eid=417

I like a lot of it but no must-buy items for me. Love that round collar shirt except for the contrast collar and sleeves.:facepalm:

12. Phil McCrackin

Phil McCrackin Senior member

Like the black watch shirt .. no parka or railroad pics yet ..

13. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Prices in yen :uhoh:

2 people like this.
  14. Brattman

Brattman Senior member

I'm intrigued by the Matt pant. Is this the first season they've done that design? I really like the way it's styled in the lookbook.

Can anyone compare the differences between the reverse sateen, cavalry twill, and coated heavy twill?

15. Ken P

Ken P Senior member

Huh... Same fabric?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

this is the season I finally buy a workshirt. I know, I know, ridic to be into EG and not own a workshirt...

Red CPO looks really good as well.

17. CSCoHammers7

CSCoHammers7 Senior member

Blahhhh I want the Brookline in dark navy but I much prefer the Hawiian print that comes on the black flannel wool. First world problem of the day. Black it is, I guess...

Black 12 oz Wool Flannel
    [​IMG]

VS

Dark Navy 12 oz Wool Flannel
    [​IMG]

18. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

19. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

print on that second Brookline sucks :/ First one is great.

20. slide13

slide13 Senior member

huh, I actually like the print on the second one better than the first. I probably wouldn't wear either myself, just not my style, but if I were it would be the second for sure.