• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ian in Seattle had 2-3 left in the same color when I was in last week. I'm not sure what sizes they were.

Edit: I guess I should I add that I think they had those shirts.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
where can i cop a cap in the bay area?
Stockists of EG in the bay area are:

MAC
August (Oakland)
American Rag
Barneys
Bloomingdales

I didn't see the caps @ Barneys or Bloomies, so you're best chance is to give the first 3 a call.

Reaction score
someone wanna pick up a bowtie for me?
or point me to stockist?
i kinda want another quick release belt, in black.

i am just thinking aloud

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Staurt and Wright had a glen plaid bowtie as of last month, along with ones in the same fabric as my herringbone stripped tie above. I was very tempted, but I haven't been feeling dandy enough to rock a bowtie lately.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So did you go get popcorn for everyone?
smile.gif

Also, on the quick release belts - Gary still had some left over in early fall, so you might want to check with him.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
So did you go get popcorn for everyone?
smile.gif

Also, on the quick release belts - Gary still had some left over in early fall, so you might want to check with him.

I have black in all sizes. When I found out EG was discontinuing the Quick Release belt, I bought up all their inventory. I have limited sizes in brown.

Gary

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
Thanks guys.

So are you planning any incredibly deep price cuts this holiday season Gary? *nudge*

laugh.gif

I've been known to be giving during the holiday season.

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
I received the Bedford in brown, S which is the right size for me, so thanks everyone who helped me with this. All in all I am very happy with it, but there are a few issues with it. First of all the shoulderseam is a bit wobbly on one shoulder, so the shoulder is a bit puffy. I'm steaming it right now and hope that it will be resolved afterwards. Second, the sleeves are not that great. I understand the look that they are going for, but I think that they failed in execution. I have two other jackets with similar sleeves and with inspiration from a similar era and they both have buttons for adjusting the size of the cuff. The sleeves should taper or have the added buttons. I am going to see if I can add buttons. Third, the buttons are plastic, which would be OK if they were nice plastic buttons, but they are not. This jacket should not come with plastic buttons. Fourth, the wool could/should be a little heavier and more compact, I think it's justified by the price. All in all, this jacket is not worth its price for construction and quality. What makes it worth it is the brown wool fabric that is so unique, I have never seen something like it before and don't think I will. It makes me very happy with its random tufts of color and I can wear this jacket all my life. I bought two more jackets at the same time. One is a blue wool jacket from National Anthem, apparently it's made in Canada. Its less than half the price of the Bedford and every bit as nice, I've tried on the blue Bedford and this one is just as good. Some of you will even prefer the NA jacket's design to the Bedford. Same or slightly heavier wool, slimmer fit through the arms and shorter sleeves. The armpits are a bit tight though, I'll try to get that fixed. Also check out the other NA jackets at Explorer. I definitely recommend this brand. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/explorer/106149/1824315/ The other jacket is this one from FOB. Check out the sleeves. It's a very old design, 30s-40s at least. It is so awesome with my Buddy Lee shirt from the same era. http://www.j-fabled.com/mens/items/j..._f2216_blk.htm btw, I will buy the wool vest if Nitty Gritty marks it down 50% during the sale.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jinx all the points you made were valid. I felt the same way when I tried on the bedford. The wool did seem kinda flimsy, but think it was mention earliar in the thread that that is the texture EG was going for. Neverless i hope the quality is there. About being heavier I agree. I too am in Canada and I hope my Melton Engineered Jackets will hold up this year. But i doubt it, ha.... Agreed with the tapering sleeves, +1 on the Engineered jarkets with the buttons.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 National Anthem. Interesting, do they only sell this brand in Japan?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads