• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a grey herringbone norfolk from some dude in Buying and Selling and it's the most awesome jacket I own. It's cut just right for my build.

bathtime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alias
I picked up a grey herringbone norfolk from some dude in Buying and Selling and it's the most awesome jacket I own. It's cut just right for my build.

Glad to hear it worked out Alias
smile.gif

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Bloomie's SF today. They had the following in ALL sizes: Grey Herringbone Bedford, $436 Navy Melton Wool Engineer's Jacket, $360 Black Chesterfield $495 Grey Patterned Down Vest w/ Detachable Hood Cinch Pants, Granite Sateen Cinch Pants, Grey Wool Jeans, Slim Fit (I guess) 19th BD Red/Blue 19th BD White, tone on tone Fishing Vest, Brown Picked up the Engineer's Jacket. Will post pics later.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I checked out the shawl collar sweatshirt today at Barney's and I was very impressed - it was a much cleaner design as the grey one linked to above. I'll keep an eye on them come sale time.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called ActiveEndovers today, said they didn't get they EG stuff in yet. Told me to try mid month. Anybody know if they will be selling the stuff from their website or just in their store?

anothergreenworld

Reaction score
^^Dude. The Engineer's Jacket is deluxe. I'd return the field jacket (that's just because I still hate the cartridge pockets), but they both look great. I don't envy your position.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the engineer jacket looks more "interesting", but the field jacket might be more practical and useful imo. Which is the warmest?

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tim you EG WHORE :p. I think they both look great, but im partial to the Engineered Jacket (As I picked one up too). Yeah the Field Jacket is a bit over kill on the pockets.
I'd think the Engineered would be warmer since its thicker wool as when I tried on the Field at Odin it seem like it was lightly lined.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I don't understand. Why not keep both?
smile.gif

I wish I could, really. Maybe I will and just sell some of my others? I'll have to take a deep look at my wardrobe and figure out which are keepers.

Functionally I like the hood of the field jacket. Warmth-wise I'd say that they're almost on par. The Engineer's jacket is completely wool (and damn comfortable), while the field jacket is only wool in the body, but the high collar can block out wind better.

Pocket-wise, the field jacket is a little overkill. I'm okay with it now, but I wonder what I'll think in a year or two? I'm guessing that the pockets will get old to me, while nothing about the engineer's jacket seems like it will. BTW, the chest pocket on the engineer's jacket is pretty sweet. It's got 3 compartments to it. I'll post pics later.

I'm leaning towards the engineer's jacket at the moment, but I'll have to do a comparison later with my others.

BTW, Bloomie's is having a 15% off promotion right now if you use your Bloomie's card or apply and get approved for one (the usual promotion for applying is 10%).

horriblyjollyjinx

Reaction score
Wow, the brown Bedford or was it Norfolk is awesome, I mean the one with different colors like green and red in it. The prices are a bit ridiculous though.

It is a must-have that I can't have.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Of the two, I prefer the engineer jacket (full disclosure: I own it too). The engineer jacket has plenty of pockets. But, they are both great and if you need a hood, the field jacket would make more sense.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads