1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Engineered Garments Fall/Winter 07

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, May 31, 2007.

1. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Did EG make this season's hoodie in white? I can only find grey.
    I believe they only came out with grey, black, maroon, and pine. And regarding the Vogue article on EG, I think EG's philosophy isn't to make something that's indestructible, but something that evolves with the user. The buttons on almost everything they make will tend to fall off (many a button on the shirts have for me) and it's really up to the user to replace it with either one of the buttons inside or some other button that they like. Hence the reason for the red button at the bottom of the workshirts, as a tribute to that lost bottom button that you replace with something that isn't a perfect match.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Senior member

Has anyone bought the EG herringbone western shirt? I typically wear a small (maybe a slim one), and was curious how it fit/if I could fit in an XS, as small is sold out. Thanks for any help
    i can't comment on this season's western shirt, but one i have from a previous season is cut rather roomy, long across the shoulder, long sleeves and long torso. i have a medium and a small would suit me just fine. go for it!
    I believe they only came out with grey, black, maroon, and pine. And regarding the Vogue article on EG, I think EG's philosophy isn't to make something that's indestructible, but something that evolves with the user. The buttons on almost everything they make will tend to fall off (many a button on the shirts have for me) and it's really up to the user to replace it with either one of the buttons inside or some other button that they like. Hence the reason for the red button at the bottom of the workshirts, as a tribute to that lost bottom button that you replace with something that isn't a perfect match.
    i could do without chasing after errant MOP buttons myself [imagine punctuation and caps]

3. Souper

Souper Senior member

I went up a half size (between sizes) since my bedford will be my primary NYC WINTER '08 jacket.

After about $175 of tailoring i've made it into a pretty good piece. Fits a hoodie underneath snugly; looks clean with just a shirt. shoulders fit great but upper arms are a bit wide; i'm wondering if i should change that....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

$175 worth of tailoring? Sorry but I actually discourage my customers from buying something if I know that the alterations will cost more than 70 euros. Its like having to sew a completely different piece. Having said that, you've now gotten it exactly how you want it. That's worth it, I guess.

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

$175 worth of tailoring? Sorry but I actually discourage my customers from buying something if I know that the alterations will cost more than 70 euros. Its like having to sew a completely different piece. Having said that, you've now gotten it exactly how you want it. That's worth it, I guess.

yeah, seriously, what did you do for $175? the only thing i'm considering at all is just to shorten the arms a bit.

6. Souper

Souper Senior member

I live in NY, taking in the back cost me about 90$, I bought water buffalo horn buttons, sleeves shortened was like $30-40 I forget, I paid 20$ for button replacement.

I don't really mind the cost; the fit is much more to my liking. It is also my mistake since I walked into one of the higher priced tailors in NYC; I wanted to try him out and ended up paying probably 50$ more than it should've cost , even by NYC prices. So yes, sticker shock was involved... The stitching etc., was superb though, and overall it's not regrettable at all considering the service I received.

I took in the chest ever so slightly as well as added some noticable waist suppression (I looked like some sort of inflatable doll before I did that), sleeves were shortened, buttons changed.

I paid: ~140 for tailoring, +tax and button costs.

7. robin

robin Senior member

The horn buttons are a noticeably nice touch. I'm planning on doing those sort of tweaks to my pieces next year.

8. Souper

Souper Senior member

Nothing really interests me this season, so i'm doing buttons and tailoring as my weekly clothing expenditures. I'm putting MOP buttons on the rest of my buttonups, horn shirt buttons on casual flannels and the like; having most of my pre styleforum shirts shortened and trimmed; etcetera,.

My next wardrobe overhaul will be replacing my shirts with CEGO and Jantzen, but while I don't have the money now I still find ways to have fun with my disposable income, clothing wise.

9. denimdestroyedmylife

10. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Folks, im a little late on the winter coat front as i thought i had a coat in storage but dont.

Do you all think that the duffle coat can get through a NYC winter or is it more of an autum weight jackt. If so, is it possible to even obtain one this late. Im in NYC

Any other suggestions in wool would be appricated, tryng to find a pic of the norfolk ...

thanks

11. robin

robin Senior member

If you can find one go for it. The duffel is definitely a winter coat and it's been keeping me very warm (too warm in fact, on some days). I wore mine into work today and it also held up excellent against the rain.

12. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

13. robin

robin Senior member

Grr... I wish Daiki would make some regular driver's caps. I love the tweeds, just not in the form of a baseball or bucket hat.

14. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

^^ a grey tweed baseball hat like that seems pretty versatile. Really casual, but not "street". Would work with a lot of EG looks imo.

15. poly800rock

^^ a grey tweed baseball hat like that seems pretty versatile. Really casual, but not "street". Would work with a lot of EG looks imo.

I wear a herringbone cap i got at h&m almost every day. Much more dressy than a regular baseball cap

16. denimdestroyedmylife

17. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Agree. Love those caps!

18. poly800rock

^ heh, me, too!

i wear caps/hats almost everyday of the year. i don't like my hair [​IMG]. h&m hats are like $5 and they fit well. so i have like 20 of them

19. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Love the tweeds. Too bad they don't make any XL's that fit my big head.

Hunting caps @ Explorer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. denimdestroyedmylife