• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just an FYI for those in the US buying from Marcus malmborg. I've bee hit w about 17-20% on customs for suits and sport coats 2 out of 2.

Even one of them I'm returning, and I've had issues sending it back w customs calling me and requesting things.

I've never had to deal w FedEx this much with other international retailers (who also use FedEx).

You can ask Marcus to send it with local mail courier and it will be handled by USPS.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I wish I knew it advance haha now I'm out $450.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi all - just so you are all aware - this is why Marcus is priced substantially below all American online retailers. Tax and duty to land the goods in the US are not included in his pricing, where as they have already been factored into say, NMWA or Unionmade's final cost. See below from his FAQ section:

Last edited:

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit: not worth it

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Depends on what you are buying and why. In general, I wouldn't recommend buying anything from any international store that you aren't sure about as shipping/restocking will always be more expensive than domestic options. That said, there are no duties at all for orders under $800 so on less expensive items Marcus is far and away the most affordable choice for Eidos. Further for suits and sport coats, the additional duty/tax that is charged ends up making all the more expensive items cost the same as American retailers, not more.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Prepping for a Japanese magasine shoot last night about 4 different ways to wesr my favorite outerwear piece. I went with the matera and had a bit of fun so I thought I'd share here for people looking for ideas on how to wear theirs. These would obviously work for ragostas as well.

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also with regard to the customs conversation, i think fedex still charges its own handling/processing fee even under the $800 limit. it's happened to me when i've ordered from, say, Meermin—$200 order, $15-20 in fees from Fedex just to hand the paperwork to the government.

obviously that's much easier to stomach than $450, but still if you can request USPS i'd do it.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I know right? Saw in the window and was described as "boyfriend fit."
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

It is awesome and I do not discriminate. Its a shame the J. Crew mens collection isn't half as cool as the womens.

Last edited:

Mobius5

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the Sal trousers, not to mention the frog-mouth effect of the pockets. The non-tailored stuff has been a lot more forgiving for me (and why I own a bunch of it).

I've just received my pair of UAB's. The fabric is lovely but the fit is definitely unusual!

Trousers are always an issue for me (I'm typically size 50 waist, 52 everywhere else so I normally end up getting a 52 and taking in the waist). Before ordering I double checked the measurements with MM.

UAB size 50: waist 94cm, front rise 32cm and rear rise 34cm ,thigh 32cm
UAB size 52: waist 98cm, front rise 33cm and rear rise 35cm, thigh 34cm

I would normally go for the 52 but at 98cm or just over 38inches I thought that would probably be too much to take in the waist without looking bad. With the 50 I need to let the seat out but still take in the waist a bit (hopefully I can get away with just taking slack up with side adjusters).

Now having tried them, the measurements are spot on - I reckon the seat/thigh sizing is about consistent for a 50 but they are at least a full size bigger in the waist than a normal 50

Going to speak to my tailor to see of we can make it work, before I decide to keep or not.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that you where hit so hard on duty and taxes. This is unfortunatly out of our control.

Want to clarify two things:

1. FedEx is the courrier of our choice, but we have no problem shipping with local post if that would help. Just send us an email and we send with whatever you prefer.

2. Just checked import duty and taxes for the US from Sweden and it only apply for goods over $800. Anything under $800 goes without any additional costs. (This is what I could find after googling import taxes so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong)

Hope this clarifies some questions.

Thank you all for all your kind words earlier and now about our new webshop.

Best,

Marcus Malmborg

Looking forward to many transactions Marcus!

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea the trousers are unique, I purchased the Sam fit from NMWA and I love them, such a great fabric and style, but they do fit rather larger than anticipated in the waist and seat and are pretty tapered below the knee. Good thing I have rather slim legs but will probably need to take in the waist.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads