• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

everyday

Reaction score
In addition, I also had good experiences with Mr. Porter, they have helpful chat staff as well.

YseanY

Reaction score
Web stores like bloomies, Nordstrom, and saks (at least previously) carried a good amount of stock. Easy to order, try on, and return.

I think saks stopped caring Eidos for SS18 but they still have some odd sizes left from previous season along with Off 5th.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@NickPollica any idea where else i can find the paprika ragosta jacket besides at nomanwalksalone? they only received one in my size and it's sold out.

Tobox in Philly has it but you have to call.

Did any stockist pick up Tipo suits this spring?

Nope. Didn't sell much canvassed tailoring at all this season. Almost every store bought the augusto and nicola. Marcus bought ciro and tenero, nmwa did the nmwa, bloomingdales bought balthazar and MP3 has tenero.

Hi guys,

Longtime lurker here, had to make a new account so I have 0 stats, but not new to fashion or SF.

I am new to Eidos though and am wondering the best, least risky way to try their jackets...there are some stockist in Seattle (I am in Portland) but sizes/styles/stock always changes.

Just trying to avoid the return shipping cost associated with some eBay sellers if at all possible

Any help is appreciated! Still going through all 700 pages here so I may have missed this being answered before

Again, depends on what you are looking for. If its canvassed jackets you have very little choice. See above.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for making my Sunday comfy and bearable @NickPollica
A1786A3A-1A2C-41CA-B97D-4903CCD4AFB0.jpeg

Poomba

Reaction score
Nope. Didn't sell much canvassed tailoring at all this season. Almost every store bought the augusto and nicola. Marcus bought ciro and tenero, nmwa did the nmwa, bloomingdales bought balthazar and MP3 has tenero.

That's super unfortunate; it is the best OTR fit I've found. Do you happen to have any suggestions on a similar cut?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Marcus' assistant, Erik, has responded to my emails. Here's to wishing them the best and I cannot wait to see what they have in stored (come April).

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a luxeswap win. 2014 Lorenzo jacket. Whoever was the first owner never wore it bc the pockets and vents were sewn shut still and the tag is still on the sleeve.

That is a killer gunclub. Great pickup, Moss.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Malmborg got back to me. They updated their inventory and the ragostas sold out :(

If anyone is not wearing their Ragosta in size 48 please message me; I'd be interested. Mostly interested in wool fabrics but open to others as well.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@NickPollica What's your experience with Barbanera shoes and have you had a chance to try on the "AKC" personally? I was told to go down one whole size. Looks like the AKC is only available online and no U.S. stores will carry it.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That's super unfortunate; it is the best OTR fit I've found. Do you happen to have any suggestions on a similar cut?

It was based on the Isaia Gregory model but lengthened substantially and given what I felt to be a more timeless lapel. If I was looking to buy canvassed RTW suiting now I'd go for Ring Jacket. Similar pricepoint for fit, consistency and quality.
@NickPollica What's your experience with Barbanera shoes and have you had a chance to try on the "AKC" personally? I was told to go down one whole size. Looks like the AKC is only available online and no U.S. stores will carry it.

It is difficult for me to express just how much I love Barbanera and the wonderful people behind the brand. So much so that I genuinely don't see myself buying a pair of proper shoes from anyone else ever again. Aside from being the most comfortable non-sneakers I've ever owned, I think their silhouette styling is unrivaled at any price point. IMO their more traditional shoes are balanced and classic but just "cooler" than other brand equivalents (the way tassel sit low on the vamp of the Hemingway..) and I've yet to find more versatile boots than the Kerouac, Ruskin and Junger in their simpler make ups. Simply put, no footwear brand pairs better with Eidos and their is no fan of Eidos that shouldn't have a pair of Barbaneras in their closet. All in all I have 12 pairs, including the AKCs in both brown and black. I definitely recommend sizing down at least one size as they run big and also stretch (they are unlined). You won't find the AKCs outside of the Barbanera webshop this season as they're actually the NY Blues collaboration pairs we sold to Gentry, which they refused because they were closing. That said, I think they will be continuing with the style going forward.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads