• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got the field jacket from Saks Off Fifth.
As expected, this is the faux-donegal fabric from last year.
Awesome jacket. Unlined sleeves is a… questionable design choice.
View attachment 893955 View attachment 893956

So the original development of this style was done with the sleeves lined. It was produced at Michelangelo and that was the best version. When they went under, production was moved to another facility in Naples and the pattern was altered dramatically. A big part of my job was designing around this facility’s internal proclivities and limitations to get a visual effect that was close to what I intended. For whatever reason, most of their garments had right angle level square shoulders. We went over changing the internal construction endlessly but inevitably it became easier to remove the sleeve lining as the way they were finishing it lined contributed to the squareness. This is another reason why you’ll see lots of raglan outerwear towards the end of my tenure there. I was avoiding a square set in sleeve.

Also, calling this fabric faux donegal is misleading as Donegal fabric has a rougher face with actual 3 dimensional flecks of yarn running throughout. This fabric is a much finer finish nailhead made from a tonal melange yarn.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
also stumbled on this shirt from the Rome collection (SS14!) randomly online. the fabric is so cool and i've wanted it forever. antonio showed it in the lookbook as a lupo (which would be sweet). but anyway, i got it for a steal and it's great. looks great with white denim sleeves rolled up unbuttoned to my navel (just joking i'm pasty).

View attachment 893961

This shirt was part of the CHCM buy. I think there are only 6 in the world. Christian Kimber has/had one that he ended up cutting the collar off of. I’m sure he would entertain offers.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking forward to trying out this season's knit merino turtleneck from the Bloomingdale's sale (plus extra sale code), but not too surprising, my order got canceled bc it was 'out of stock'. The size still shows up as a drop-down option too smh

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the original development of this style was done with the sleeves lined. It was produced at Michelangelo and that was the best version. When they went under, production was moved to another facility in Naples and the pattern was altered dramatically. A big part of my job was designing around this facility’s internal proclivities and limitations to get a visual effect that was close to what I intended. For whatever reason, most of their garments had right angle level square shoulders. We went over changing the internal construction endlessly but inevitably it became easier to remove the sleeve lining as the way they were finishing it lined contributed to the squareness. This is another reason why you’ll see lots of raglan outerwear towards the end of my tenure there. I was avoiding a square set in sleeve.

Also, calling this fabric faux donegal is misleading as Donegal fabric has a rougher face with actual 3 dimensional flecks of yarn running throughout. This fabric is a much finer finish nailhead made from a tonal melange yarn.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm terrible at knowing correct fabric terminology. Alls I knows is—it's beautiful. Good to know about the sleeves, too. It's not so annoying as to make it unwearable, it's just less than ideal.

This shirt was part of the CHCM buy. I think there are only 6 in the world. Christian Kimber has/had one that he ended up cutting the collar off of. I’m sure he would entertain offers.

Wow I knew it's rare (one of the Lupo versions sold for probably more than it was listed at retail on Luxeswap a few months ago lol), but that's crazy. It's even my size, 41, which is crazy awesome. That striped Ischia shirt I snagged a couple months ago in that crispaire cotton is a size or two big but wearable open-collar.

BTW when's your Eidos transition officially finished? I think everybody appreciates you still being on here answering questions as we've got one more season to go of Ciongoli love, but I also assume at a certain point either this thread's affiliate status will cease if Isaia stops paying the bill, or one of the 20+ staffers at Eidos will take over to answer our questions.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I own one of them. Sadly, it was borderline too small when I bought it, and I added enough muscle to make it definitely too small. Anyone in the market for a size 39?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Yeah I'm terrible at knowing correct fabric terminology. Alls I knows is—it's beautiful. Good to know about the sleeves, too. It's not so annoying as to make it unwearable, it's just less than ideal.

Wow I knew it's rare (one of the Lupo versions sold for probably more than it was listed at retail on Luxeswap a few months ago lol), but that's crazy. It's even my size, 41, which is crazy awesome. That striped Ischia shirt I snagged a couple months ago in that crispaire cotton is a size or two big but wearable open-collar.

BTW when's your Eidos transition officially finished? I think everybody appreciates you still being on here answering questions as we've got one more season to go of Ciongoli love, but I also assume at a certain point either this thread's affiliate status will cease if Isaia stops paying the bill, or one of the 20+ staffers at Eidos will take over to answer our questions.

I don’t think this is affiliated thread

Goodman

Reaction score
The natural indigo wool parka.

IMG_3521 (1).jpg

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
Got the field jacket from Saks Off Fifth.
As expected, this is the faux-donegal fabric from last year.
Awesome jacket. Unlined sleeves is a… questionable design choice.
View attachment 893955 View attachment 893956

Looks incredible. IS the nailhead pattern more navy or more grey/brown? Sax 5th image and style are terrible and don't do justice to Antonio's design genius. I urgently need to write Santa a letter to get one added to xmas list.

I really appreciate this detailed insight and explanation of the creative process. Interesting to learn how iterative process (from design to production) is in order to achieve a perfection in the final product.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Haha. It is finished and this is no longer an affiliate thread. I still answer questions here for a couple reasons. First, I appreciate the support this community has given the brand (and me personally) and I believe that this should be returned if possible. Since I am the only one who knows the answers to your questions at the moment, I feel its my responsibility to continue to address them. Second, I love and really believe in my last few collections and am happy to share information about them to people that I think will appreciate it. With this in mind, I will continue to lurk through the spring season and then move on once Simon's product and vision fully transitions in.

Reaction score
Haha. It is finished and this is no longer an affiliate thread. I still answer questions here for a couple reasons. First, I appreciate the support this community has given the brand (and me personally) and I believe that this should be returned if possible. Since I am the only one who knows the answers to your questions at the moment, I feel its my responsibility to continue to address them. Second, I love and really believe in my last few collections and am happy to share information about them to people that I think will appreciate it. With this in mind, I will continue to lurk through the spring season and then move on once Simon's product and vision fully transitions in.

This!

John L

Reaction score

As someone who can appreciate the occasional knit, I hope that your (presumed) Roller Rabbit thread is able to get traction.

KEEP YA BOIS IN THE LOOP!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads