• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

econo-contest=penny ante

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
I'd be down.

Originally Posted by Teger
I can talk to mauro and see if we can offer some sort of prize if this takes off

Originally Posted by Mazda
I'll go try a pair for the hell of it. I could wear clown pants to my current job and no one would say anything.

Originally Posted by Lachy
For $10 I'd be in, sure! $11 or whatever if we do the pot idea. I'd use them for skating mostly I'd expect. I just don't know where to get them in Australia.

Originally Posted by milosz
I think I'd be in on the 936DENs - don't Wranglers have kind of a funky blue color to them?

Originally Posted by Doin' Fine.
Sounds like an awesome idea. We alll got 10 dollars lyin' around anyhow.

Originally Posted by Jekyll
I might be interested. Anyone know what the rise actually measures on these? It looks crazy high. And what's slimmer, the 936 or the 13MWZ?

Originally Posted by Francis91
Sounds like a fun idea Robbie. Count me in.

Originally Posted by Dedalus
I would totally do this, even with just Rustlers, but I just bought a pair of STF and my wife will hurt me if I buy more jeans to wear and not wash.

Originally Posted by Marcus Brody
I'd be in. I certainly won't win as I've never had the temperament to wear the same jeans each day, but I'd see how they turned out. I just bought a motorcycle, so they could be my bike jeans. That might lead to some unique fading (or just huge knee bags...).

Originally Posted by Seanallen
I would be up for this, I was going to pick up a pair of Wranglers soon anyways.

Originally Posted by migel
Interesting proposition Robbie. Just waiting for the pics..

Originally Posted by hamm23
good idea, i would consider being in

Originally Posted by thats.mana
I'm down, I don't think I'll win tho. The white elephant idea sounds great, I don't mind spending a litle extra to send the winner some odd crap.

so 11.5 -12 people interested?

thats only 12 bucks. I think we need to think of some sort of something to sweeten the deal a tad.

as always suggestions are welcome.

robbie

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
don't consider this me considering you 'half a person' jekyl but I considered you that last half between 11.5 and 12 as you may or may not be in.

robbie

I am getting married June 21, and am gonna be super busy prior to and after that. How does July 1 sound as a start date?

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
don't consider this me considering you 'half a person' jekyl but I considered you that last half between 11.5 and 12 as you may or may not be in.

robbie

I am getting married June 21, and am gonna be super busy prior to and after that. How does July 1 sound as a start date?

Married? Dude, that sucks. We're all here for you though. Don't forget that now.
bigstar[1].gif

thedamnscott

Reaction score
I'd be down. Not sure if I'd wear them every day, but I'd definitely see what I could do in six months.

Congrats on the wedding, Robbie.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
Congrats on the wedding, robbie!

As I plan to use my jeans for a specific purpose which mean they'd be most needed during the summer months, would it be possible for me to post initial pics a bit early then a final pic before the end of the general competition?

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
^^^
I think that could work possibly.

I am moving out of my apartment this weekend, so I honestly haven't sat down and worked through all the logistics of it.

I think as long as we could make it fair, it would be fine.

Francis91

Reaction score
My vote is for 936s too.

Originally Posted by robbie

Nice and congratulations! I got married on the same date last year.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Alright So Wrangler 936 DEN's it is!

I need everyone interested to send me a PM entitled "I'm in".

I'll take care of setting up a paypal. I want this to be as inclusive as possible, so the next big issue is what is an okay 'entry fee'. I'd like to keep participation in this as inexpensive as possible. Is 5$ enough? I feel like 10$ is the most I'd want to throw into the pot.

We also need to figure out how we want to choose a winner. Do we want to have 3-5 judges whom we select to determine the winner. Do we want to vote amongst those participating? We could have an open poll to all members (people involved as well as those not participating). As i've said all along, I am open to suggestion and only looking to have fun.

let me know what you guys think, any ideas suggestions, or constructive criticisms you might have are welcome.

robbie

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
$5 seems enough to me. If we get 10 people or so you can get a good, goofy prize for $50.

I tried on some non-rigid 936s today. I was surprised how tight they were in the crotch/seat in 32/34 (my normal size).

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The money should go to a gift card to a western wear store, Wal-Mart, etc..

stylo 9000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
If you really want to make it fun, you should make it a white elephant prize.

Everyone antes up a prize for the pot. You could do all clothing prizes or since no one wears the same size, non clothing prizes. I was on a forum years agoand we ran a contest like this. the prizes were insane. There was a mini leg lamp (ala Christmas story) and a painting of a squirrel I remember off the top of my head.

+1

I'm not sure if I can set up a paypal account, or if my local wal-mart carries slim cowboy cut, so you can put me in as another .5.

great idea robbie.

Lachy

Reaction score
My only concern is sourcing them. I don't know if they're available in Australia. And $30 shipping on $20 jeans seems a little off. I'll check around though.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
The money should go to a gift card to a western wear store, Wal-Mart, etc..

While this is a good idea, paypal is easier and the winner can use the prize to buy something nicer than Wranglers . 50-75$ would make a large dint in a nicer pair of jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads