• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay/USPS' dirty little secret: Why you should NOT ship clothing/footwear to Italy

totally epic

Reaction score
That explains why I couldn't ship those 20 rolls of Fuji Velvia a long time ago. And I got negative feedback for it too.

The_Game07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
lol @ ribbons for typewriters.

Had me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
too

daniele6

Reaction score
Just my 2 € cents....as I'm italian.
I concluded over 400 overseas transactions on eBay in over 10 years and multiple buyings from SF members, expecially from fall 2007, when I discovered the buying & selling forum.....
I always received every single item I purchased, from ties, to shirts, to suits, to shoes (but from last September grapevinehill doesn't ship to Italy anymore.....and I bought my RLPL Barksdale from them in June!!)
We had some delays in postal deliveries last December, due to some days of strikes, but now everything is ok. And when I ship something from Italy to USA, it takes no more than 5-7 days, always.
I'm sorry to see that many sellers on eBay don't ship to Italy anymore, neither if I propose to pay for special services such as insurance and/or tracking number.

Daniele

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Interesting. Do you put "Mens' shoes" or "Mens' shirt" etc. on the customs declaration form that go with the label? Thanks in advance,

Oh, I started this thread after a request I got today from an Italian buyer. Unlike previous occasions when I had simply declined, I decided to do some research this time. And lo' and behold...
plain.gif

No, I usually put something short on the label, maybe something they won't recognize, like 'blutchers' or 'sack blazer'.

arghmellamopablo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
No, I usually put something short on the label, maybe something they won't recognize, like 'blutchers' or 'sack blazer'.

Hi,

i was wondering if you could provide me with some advice. i am planning on shipping shoes to italy even though they ban that. what do i put on the customs declaration form?

much thanks

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arghmellamopablo
Hi,

i was wondering if you could provide me with some advice. i am planning on shipping shoes to italy even though they ban that. what do i put on the customs declaration form?

much thanks

Do the right thing. Write "shoes"
devil.gif

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by arghmellamopablo
Hi,

much thanks

I've just written something like "blucher" or "monk strap," depending on the style of the shoe. This is accurate, yet avoids an easy translation by the customs officials. Haven't had any issues yet on the few pairs I've shipped.

playbodys

Reaction score
An Arab me wore new NFL jerseys was interviewed at a U.S checkpoint.Guard: your name please?Arab: runescape moneyG:Sex?A: 6 items a week.G: I mean,male or female?A: It doesn't matter,sometimes even camelG: holy cow!A: yes cows and dogs too!G: man,isn't that hostile?A: hostile,dogstyle any free style!G;oh dear!A Deer?No deer,they run fast....

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by playbodys
An Arab me wore new NFL jerseys was interviewed at a U.S checkpoint.Guard: your name please?Arab: runescape moneyG:Sex?A: 6 items a week.G: I mean,male or female?A: It doesn't matter,sometimes even camelG: holy cow!A: yes cows and dogs too!G: man,isn't that hostile?A: hostile,dogstyle any free style!G;oh dear!A Deer?No deer,they run fast....
English looks pretty, doesn't it? Very ornamental. How do you say "bestiality" in Chinese? How do you say "spam" in Chinese? Your website isn't much better: "so we could price you with unbelievable delivery speed to make you satisfy with your customers,then we will establish a high-efficiency and long-term partnership to make mutual benefit.We're looking for some big customers here and welcome to all the new customers. We're in hoping for customers to give some suggestions to make our service be more better,enjoy our service here
smile.gif
" Do you really get customers this way? I mean, really? Really now... posting about bestiality actually leads to fake NFL jersey sales?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coral mounted in any way.
Brethren, I will let you in on a little secret. When sending mounted coral, UNMOUNT it first. Then ship.

Genius.
worship2.gif
worship2.gif
worship2.gif
worship2.gif

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note to self: cancel Tomahawk missile shipment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads