• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eBay Buyer Problem

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm kind of torn on what to do. Three years ago it would be very clear and there would be no questioning my actions, but due to recent eBay regulations changing to protect the buyer and making the seller the bad guy, I'm not so sure.

I sold this jacket last week. Yeah, only $20....but that $20 could pay for gas to get back/forth to work this week. I waited till Wednesday, still no payment, so I sent a message. I got this reply:

"Dear zelda58,

Why talk about what I wanna do regarding payment this aint superfuture .. yadayada
Your auction didnt state a time frame regarding payment needing to me made in did it >
so ebay standard time allotment right ?
I am paying but yes need more time and more so now even since paypal just locked my account up ..
effin nazis

- mr.kev.coleone"

He was not only rude, but completly ignored my payment policy stated at the bottom of each auction page

" Seller's payment instructions

Please let me know by a eBay message what form of payment you are going to use if you don't use Paypal right away. Payment is expected within 48 hours of the auctions end. All shipments are done via USPS Priority Mail, unless otherwise noted. If you'd like Priority Mail on an auction that doesn't have that, please specify in a message at the auctions end as well. Thanks!"

So.....now it shows he is no longer registered with eBay.

My only worry is that he will reactivate his account, find that I sold the jacket to the next bidder down from him, get pissed and leave retaliatory neg. feedback. I've already dealt with this bullshit called retaliatory feedback from 0 feedback members from Hong Kong who never paid, I don't need anymore. eBay does nothing to protect sellers from this, so I'm kinda torn between what I should do.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe if he's no longer a registered member you can get fully refunded on the auction costs, no questions asked. eBay allows you to file a dispute and close it instantly. This happened to me a while back IIRC, so who know if eBay have changed that policy in the meantime. I think you can even make a second chance offer after the closing of the dispute, though my memory on that is hazy.

Do it quick though, in case he gets reregistered somehow. Then relist the item if you don't have any second chance offers to give. You won't be out anything but time. Annoying, yes, opportunity cost, yes... but no negs and no cash out.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I believe if he's no longer a registered member you can get fully refunded on the auction costs, no questions asked. eBay allows you to file a dispute and close it instantly. This happened to me a while back IIRC, so who know if eBay have changed that policy in the meantime. I think you can even make a second chance offer after the closing of the dispute, though my memory on that is hazy.

Do it quick though, in case he gets reregistered somehow. Then relist the item if you don't have any second chance offers to give. You won't be out anything but time. Annoying, yes, opportunity cost, yes... but no negs and no cash out.

+1

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It was about a year ago I had to do this, but that sounds right. It was all very straightforward/self-explanatory, from memory.

Note, the automatic resolution to the dispute only works if he is definitely no longer a registered member, so be sure of that before opening the dispute at this stage.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's bizarre - how can they send a reminder to someone who can't access their system? Are they defintely unregistered?

Sorry it didn't work out.
frown.gif

I must say, it does seem that eBay are increasingly making life a nuisance for small-scale sellers.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Yeah, he's for sure unregistered. It says so under his username. It's not really getting back the eBay fees that worries me, it's the potential neg. feedback, and this character seems like the type to leave it in this situation if he does re-register. Oh well... Thanks for your advice, though! Wish eBay would re-think their policy changes. Who will buy from eBay if they drive all the sellers away?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just file the NPBR, go through all the motions, and you will get the fees automatically refunded. Relist and don't worry about retaliation from the idiot 'customer'.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Just file the NPBR, go through all the motions, and you will get the fees automatically refunded. Relist and don't worry about retaliation from the idiot 'customer'.

+1.
Works like a charm.

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Why don't you respectfully ask said buyer if he would mind paying your fees instead of receiving a strike . That's what I have asked bidders who seemingly had a legit excuse for not being able to pay in full .. There is a real world LARGE grey are between right and wrong It not only benefits him but you as you don't get original listing fees back after npb form - only final value .. I love how you quoted me though word for word ..
lol8[1].gif
Also loving how you can't think for yourself and don't post the stupidity that you asked me that called me to answer you in such a manner ... If you have concerns ask the buyer in a respectful manner like a human being . Kind of like going to the store and dealing with idiotic salepeople , but without a face to hate ... Did anyone here catch that ? That the reply was not at all a general reply but had meaning behind it referring to a forum manner of mannerism ... he started it in other words ...
inlove.gif

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Why is this in Men's clothing btw .. more illiteracy on your part ...

and people can still pay for their auctions after being unregistered / suspended ... seller's choice ..

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Also since you brought this here do you realize the amount of sellers I had to deal with over this time .. you are not special and Id say 50% acted like mature adults displaying really concise communication during the whole non pay ordeal ..

and yes I could get my account reinstated and since i have common sense I would accept your decision as a seller to relist ..

after paying for like 50 unpaid items out of 100 won ..
which all would've been paid if I didn't have an illegit buyer who threw a paypal flag up so I could not keep my current listings up

I do find it unfair to deal with eBay as your authority they dont run shhhhh... _ _

it's a bunch of people behind servers just like us ..

its dealing with buyers properly thats seperates the clones from the men on eBay or any buying / selling real world situation ,...

wake up ..

uNotAzFreshAzImIz

Reaction score
Seriously though Im outraged at the simple mindedness of how all this went .
And if you have any questions feel free to ask I will answer as complete as I feel is appropriate to be public knowledge ..

I dont mind being a forum superstaruhh for however you feel you have to perceive me ..

so how'd that look in the mirror go ? feel 12 again ?

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics