• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Easter Menu

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Well, spent Palm Sunday with my family down in St. Pete, so spending Easter with my GF's family. Her grandmother goes to this tiny church out in the country, so we'll go there and get the early service. Then an Easter egg hunt and cookout out at her uncle's farm in Thomasville, Georgia.

Only thing I know about the menu is that they're cooking a hog with a chinabox and they make Tupelo honey, so I imagine that will be served as well.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
delicate situation: my daughter and her boyfriend and his sister from oklahoma. i want to serve something delicious, but given my job i can't push it very far because i'm afraid they'll think it's pretentious. thinking about a big roast pork shoulder, some roasted potatoes, some greens ... lots of beaujolais.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
Lamb sounds good. Perhaps a crown roast.

Any good recipes for rabbit? I have yet to try it..
[/I]

rabbit is incredible...Ive had a few different methods...but its hard to beat BBQ rabbit.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
If any of you planning on serving rabbit have a child attending, then SHAME ON YOU.

Stop it.
musicboohoo[1].gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rabbit has been caught.
satisfied.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
If any of you planning on serving rabbit have a child attending, then SHAME ON YOU.

preposterous.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mm84321
The rabbit has been caught.
satisfied.gif

Major success. Will definitely be making rabbit again, especially when I have children attending.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
delicate situation: my daughter and her boyfriend and his sister from oklahoma. i want to serve something delicious, but given my job i can't push it very far because i'm afraid they'll think it's pretentious. thinking about a big roast pork shoulder, some roasted potatoes, some greens ... lots of beaujolais.

Huh? I would expect you to go all out, and nothing less than that.

Sadly, my gf's family can't cook at all so I will be making an asparagus dinner, or perhaps its a good thing.. Cold asparagus will quall? Eggs and ham,, asparagus soup and asparagus with grilled salmon, puree and hollandaise sauce. Sadly I failed on the sauce....

braised

Reaction score
Had a bottle of 2004 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon, damn good juice, Dinner was good as well - ham, potatoes, kale - but the wine was outstanding, dark purple, all kinds of red and black fruits with a little spice on the nose. Interestingly, very little of the eucalyptus typical of Cali Cabs but it may come in as the wine further ages.

Anyone else pull a long cork for Easter?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nootje
Huh? I would expect you to go all out, and nothing less than that.

not how it works when you want your guests to be comfortable. as it was, we had to explain that you start with the outside forks. really nice folks though and we had a great family dinner.
9r6Zc.jpg

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
not how it works when you want your guests to be comfortable. as it was, we had to explain that you start with the outside forks. really nice folks though and we had a great family dinner.

misread this to read 'really nice forks though'
lol8[1].gif

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
misread this to read 'really nice forks though'
lol8[1].gif

that too!

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, nevermind then. Hadnt thought of it that way..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads