• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

durable leather duffel bags

negusnegas

Reaction score
I know there have been quite a few duffel bag threads in the past so I apologize for any redundancy. However, I haven't been able to locate quite enough information on pricing and quality/durability. I am wondering if there are any smaller manufacturers that can compete in both categories. I am in the market for a durable leather duffel bag($400-500 max), which needs to be big enough to fit some sizeable basketball sneakers, gym clothes and the occasional basketball. I have tried a bill amberg by globetrotter bag and a Y-3 bag, but haven't found them durable enough. I would like something in a brown leather that I can lug around for years. So please do drop some knowledge on me.

negusnegas

Reaction score
I know saddleback get's some love here, but I doin't like their styling. I am looking for something a bit cleaner in the silhouette.

negusnegas

Reaction score
That last bag looks great. Do you have any experience with the quality of those bags?

negusnegas

Reaction score
That last bag looks great. Do you have any experience with the quality of those bags?

intrecciato

Reaction score
Since you're in New York you should also try the Village Tannery, which might be closer to your price range than some others listed. Their bags are of great quality, and they all come with lifetime guarantees.
www.villagetannery.com

negusnegas

Reaction score
I like the duluth bag, but in general I am not so much into a lot of hardware on the bag. I was wondering what people's opinions were on lining. Leather vs. Nylon vs. whatever else people come up with. Is there generally a quality difference or is it relatively subjective.

negusnegas

Reaction score
By the way does anyone have thoughts on lined vs. unlined duffel bags. I personally kind of like the idea of unlined, but was wondering if there are drawbacks that I might be overlooking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads