• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dressing up with Common Projects dress shoes?

highfalutin

Reaction score
I will be working in a Las Vegas financial office soon. It can get very hot outside and no one ever wears a suit. So I am looking for new clothes. I got a pair of brown, lined Common Projects dress shoes from Tres Bien late last year. So far so good as soon as I find some pants. But today I received a pair of black Common Projects dress shoes from Ssense.com. The toe of the new black shoe is significantly shorter and more rounded than the toe of the older brown shoe. When I put the new black pair together for example with wool slacks, a Seize sur Vingt shirt and a Drakes tie, I am afraid the the shoes will look odd. Should I consider returning the shoes and finding another brand of black dress shoe with a pointier toe? The Common Projects variety sure is beautiful, but it's a 500 USD decision to make sure I get it right.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they fit? I think they look fine.

slappy

Reaction score
The front looks like the Achilles Lows that I have. For dress shoes, eh I'm not sure I really dig them. That said they wouldn't look out of place probably, I mean no one makes fun of Alden's Barrie Last

highfalutin

Reaction score
I decided to keep the shoes but I would love to hear suggestions of other brands to try. How about Maison Martin Margiela 22?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.