• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Drake’s Selvedge Denim Question

Remicade

Reaction score
I just received a pair of white selvedge denim jeans from my favorite brand but I don’t feel like the fit is perfect for me (or worth the price) - just a bit larger in the hips and thighs than I’d prefer. For those of you familiar with selvedge denim or Drake’s denim, do you think these will “form to fit” like other selvedge denim I have? Most of my jeans are from Left Field in Brooklyn.

For reference, these are the jeans: https://us.drakes.com/collections/denim ... cket-jeans

I’d love your thoughts if you have experience with these or something similar. Cheers!

stuck_in_norway

Reaction score
As you say, I find it hard to suggest anyone buy drakes jeans unless its on 50% or more discount or fits you like a glove, and even then there are better options. They are comically overpriced.

These are on sale now if your size is in stock:

Given your comment on the hips, i think the arthur is more up your alley than the arthuro, perhaps.

Otherwise all the usual japanese suspects. Samurai has some nice fits. Also the Naked & famous true guy fit is pretty nice, though it doesn't look like they make any ecru jeans in that yet.
with a $450 price tag to beat, you could do almost any super premium japanese denim or even MTM / custom made and still save money.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to guage what you're asking. When you say form to fit what do you mean?

I think there are two ways to understand form to fit. One, when the denim will stretch in certain areas to fit you better. Two, the jeans, like any garment will mould to your body in the same way that, for example, a leather jacket would, or even, a sweatshirt would.

If it's one, then I don't see how it would form to fit when you already note it is oversized in certain areas. If two, yeah, sure, even oversized will contour to your body, but if it's not fitting how you like right off the bat then I don't think 'moulding' to your body with wear (probably quite subtle) is going to render a fit to make you happier.

Personally, I'm with stuck in Norway, I don't really get why one would buy Drakes or Brycelands or Berg Berg at retail when you have Self Edge selling really awesome Sugarcane in multiple models (can't speak to white denim though). Most of those jeans are just riffing off of Sugarcane's 47, 66, or 55 models anyway.

But, as you say, Drakes is your favorite brand, so I understand that affection, that trust in workmanship you probably have in the products.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads