• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double monk straps with jeans. Yea or nay?

Artking3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tim_horton
Not a double monker (...yet) but I'd go with the . I've seen the Lowndes, and it's too pointy for my preference. I don't know the last of those Carminas, but if they're on the Simpson last, they're chiseled but not excessively so. And the leather on my one pair of Carminas looks and feels better than the leather of my C&J benchgrades. Of course, that's assuming both fit equally well.

They're on the Inca last, might be wider than the Simpson.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks full of win for jeans:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Dark brown "espresso" suede.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something about those suede Lowndes still seems too dressy for jeans to me. The long sleek last combined with the cap toe. Not saying it wouldn't work under any circumstances - just that it would have to be a fairly dressy jeans ensemble.

For whatever reason current fashion seems to favor rounder toed shoes with jeans, no?

I don't think it matters one hoot if there are one strap or two, it's about the overall shape and formality of the shoe.

Since we are talking overall formality would anyone wear these pebble grained Carminas with Jeans, perhaps white or khaki denim? They are pebble grained, which is casual. I frankly can't decide just how casual these shoes are, or aren't.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The suede drops the level of formality which makes it pair nicely with denim.</p>

dm's are at the lowest level of formality, imo. nothing to drop left...

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe what he is saying is that he hates double monks. All forms, all shapes, all colors, just all of them regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation or religious affliliation. It's an 'equal opportunity' hatred!

:nodding:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So what you are saying is that the colour, material or shape of the double monks have no bearing on whether they are a suitable pairing with jeans?

quasi yes

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've owned a lot of suede shoes from casual to dressy. A dark brown suede will hold up long-term with regular wear in any kind of weather. All you need to do is to spray them with a silicon water proofing every few months and then let them air dry if they get wet. The dark brown suede is very forgiving when it comes to spots and stains.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe what he is saying is that he hates double monks. All forms, all shapes, all colors, just all of them regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation or religious affliliation. It's an 'equal opportunity' hatred!
nod[1].gif

So I shouldn't get this for him as a Christmas present then?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads