• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does the Ferragamo Studio Line still exist? How do I resole Ferragamo rubber soles?

Obsidiank

Reaction score
I've recently started on the high end shoe band wagon and really like the styling of SF. Did some lurking here and it seems everyone agrees that there are three lines Tramezza, LO, and Studio. However, every thread I've seen is at least one year old and the prices people are quoting are no where near right.

I was in a retail store today and it seems like there is still Tramezza and LO, but everything else is unmarked. No "Studio" inside.

Tramezza ~850 +

LO ~ 600 - 800

Unmarked ~500 - 700

I just bought a pair of unmarked on sale for $400

http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs...product/27661_sale/6148914691233376808/497176

I got few questions about these:

1. Are these what people consider studio?
2. How badly am I over paying for these shoes?
2. How long can I expect them to last assuming I wear them three times a week?

I also bought a pair of these with a rubber sole

http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs...product/27661_sale/6148914691233362287/461458

1. Does anyone else have ferragamo's with their one piece rubber sole? How hard is it to get it resoled when it wears?
2. Can any shoe repair place do it or do I have to go somewhere specific?

Thanks

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump.

Welcome to Styleforum. Plenty of gents here wear Ferragamo. Hopefully they will ring in on this soon for you.

Snedley

Reaction score
I've recently started on the high end shoe band wagon and really like the styling of SF. Did some lurking here and it seems everyone agrees that there are three lines Tramezza, LO, and Studio. However, every thread I've seen is at least one year old and the prices people are quoting are no where near right.

I was in a retail store today and it seems like there is still Tramezza and LO, but everything else is unmarked. No "Studio" inside.

Tramezza ~850 +

LO ~ 600 - 800

Unmarked ~500 - 700

I just bought a pair of unmarked on sale for $400

http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs...product/27661_sale/6148914691233376808/497176

I got few questions about these:

1. Are these what people consider studio?
2. How badly am I over paying for these shoes?
2. How long can I expect them to last assuming I wear them three times a week?

I also bought a pair of these with a rubber sole

http://www.ferragamo.com/webapp/wcs...product/27661_sale/6148914691233362287/461458

1. Does anyone else have ferragamo's with their one piece rubber sole? How hard is it to get it resoled when it wears?
2. Can any shoe repair place do it or do I have to go somewhere specific?

Thanks
Studio was just the name of a line that they had and they were not inferior. I've had a few pair in the past.
The soles are easily replaced by some local shoemaker but I wouldn't worry about that now. One of the Ferrigamos I had with a vibram sole has never worn out or even shown signs of any real wear.
The prices you paid are fine and they are both top quality and good looking shoes.

Obsidiank

Reaction score
thanks for the reply. It seems as a newbie when you search about SF here, everyone hates on Studio because it's "a glue job". It was a little disheartening to see that my brand new "most expensive shoes I ever bought" was looked down on.

Looking forward to learn a lot more from this community. Thanks.!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Isn't just about every rubber-soled shoe, irrespective of maker, a "glue job"? I have three pairs of rubber-soled Ferragamos (not sure if they are Studio line or what), and they are most excellent shoes. I have never experienced any separation of the glued rubber soles, which I have experienced with Allen-Edmonds shoes, although I have probably used the latter (some of them, anyway) harder.

trum01

Reaction score
I'm interested to know if the Studio line still exists too. I was in a Ferragamo outlet in Switzerland, and there didn't seem to be anything there that said Studio on it.

southbound35

Reaction score
About 3-4 years ago, I bought a pair of penny loafers similar to the first pair you linked. I've never worn them anywhere close to 3 times per week, so I can't say how well they might hold up under that volume of use. But, I've worn them periodically (probably more like once a month) and haven't had any durability issues. I've kept shoe trees in them and they still look quite good.

As others have said, I think $400 is reasonable for Ferragamos.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads