• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The "opposite timelines" was never meant as an absolute - one obvious example is the River of "Let's Kill Hitler" being younger than the two (three?) iterations of her in "The Wedding of River Song." And as per the Season 6 "Night and the Doctor" shorts, River's last trip with the Doctor (prior to meeting the Tenth and dying in "Forest of the Dead") is with a future version of the Eleventh

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did some looking around the interwebz and it looks like River will be making an appearance in Episode 5, The Angels Take Manhattan. As most of you know this will be the Ponds' final appearance and it is looking like that's being extended to their daughter, River, too. In a way this makes a lot of sense as it closes out their chapters and allows for a fresh start with the new companion.

I dare not do any deeper digging as open myself up to the possibility of having this episode spoiled, but luckily they seem to be doing a good job of keeping the details under wraps. I truly will be sad to see Amy and Rory go, no matter what the ultimate fate is that waits for them.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will definitely be an interesting episode. They are normally pretty good at handling departures, and I'm glad that they are making a clean cut from the Pond Dynasty. It means that when Matt Smith finally leaves the series wont have any hangers on.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Will definitely be an interesting episode. They are normally pretty good at handling departures, and I'm glad that they are making a clean cut from the Pond Dynasty. It means that when Matt Smith finally leaves the series wont have any hangers on.

Agreed. Plus I am not sure they could have done much more with River. If they had kept her ability to regenerate and broken the established cycle of time, perhaps you could have turned her into the female Doctor. As it is, it feels like she's had her arc as was conceived.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stetsons are cool.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I though that when River first met the Dr she did not recognise him so surely she would meet a future Dr?

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I rather enjoyed the Dinosaurs on a Spaceship episode. Nice to sometimes mix in some real out-there kind of wackiness.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I though that when River first met the Dr she did not recognise him so surely she would meet a future Dr?

River's only confirmed Doctor interactions are with the Tenth and Eleventh versions

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Next episode is getting some strong reviews already. Loving this season so far. :slayer:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually preferred this one to the dinosaur episode. The references to all the greatest westerns combined with the foreshadowing of the doctors demise were much more watchable than some one-off episodes.

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
Wasn't really into this episode, last one was much better, but then again I only watch Doctor Who for laughs or child-like thrills so it's understandable why this one didn't do it for me.

Was anyone else reminded of Kryten from Red Dwarf by the cyborg?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was anyone else reminded of Kryten from Red Dwarf by the cyborg?

I was hoping that he might even be played by Robert Llewellyn. The head shape and stance were so similar, but I suppose it would have been too weird to have a Sci-fi crossover like that.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to rewatch the episode on the grounds of inebriation. I did think that it had a lot going for it, but Darvill and Browder (and Gillan, to an extent) were under-served and seemingly utilised only to hit on some perfunctory beats, as and when it was required of them

Smith, Metzstein (+ visual effects and other directing crew) and even Murray Gold, on the other hand, had little faults to name. Overall, it was a good episode held back by some curiously reticent aspects

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

great cinematography and visuals but the story was a bit flat, even as a one off.

Believe it or not, I agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads