• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you like hybrid or orthodox?

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you prefer items you liked styled in an orthodox way or in a more eclectic way?

The issue for me is how Engineered Garments, RRL, WWM, and items of that style are worn. It seems a waste to me when it is worn like posters like Rye GB and scott.m wear it. It just seems that the aesthetic in which they style these items is so different than that behind the design of the items that the potential of the item is not being fully expressed. I am not saying they don't look "good," but it seems weird to me to see that stuff just worn along with things of such a very different aesthetic, such as Common Projects.

I feel better when I see the stuff done in either a straight-up more traditionalist fashion, as worn by posters like zissou and shoreman, or in a way that still retains some narrative but does have some eclectic elements, as worn by posters like JKISSI or whodini,

I think the inquiry is not unique to things in the style of the brands I mentioned. There is a similar question for Goth Ninja and the like.

I am NOT saying what I prefer is BETTER than what I prefer less. I am just expressing my tastes, and wondering what the tastes of others are in respect to this question.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. We need to own boats to have boat shoes.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think orthodox by definition fits terribly. like all the vintage stuff that inspire eg and wwm fit terribly baggy and boxy. eg is somewhat baggy too, but at least daiki has a concept of fit

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Hybrid, toeing the line is boring. Zissou is an exception, his work wear aesthetic IMO goes beyond the Engineered Garments and RRL workwear vision.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I thought my clothes had a narrative I'd probably go change.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't understand the question.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get what you're saying, the clothes are not being worn in their intended/true way with similair concept clothes. But this is a fundamental part of fashion and the reason brands like EG came to be, wearing things outside of context and tradition for the purpose of concept and attraction. Don't kid yourself into thinking EG is a 'genuine' brand made for hunters and lumberjacks, they are representative of street inspired workwear in the same way that wearing CP with EG is workwear inspired streetwear.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ +1... I was about to say the brands he mentioned and their look is not "orthodox" at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads